|Job Ref:||204752058||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Northamptonshire||Address:||Post Code:||NN13||Salary:||£32000 - £38000/annum depending on experience||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:21|
Encore Technical Solutions (Automotive, Engineering & Technical Recruitment) are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer in Northamptonshire|
Job Description For Vacancy No: 229167L
Consultant: Lewis Cross
Company Profile: Our Client is a world leader in aerospace equipment and systems on board commercial, regional and business aircraft as well as helicopters, they are also a key player in air safety
Job Location: Northamptonshire
Job Position: Mechanical Design Engineer
Reporting to: Deputy Chief Engineer
Job Status: Permanent
Qualifications: Minimum of HNC or an equivalent qualification in a Mechanical Engineering field, as well as considerable experience and preferably hold experience of CAD/CATIA.
Skills & Experience:
* The applicant should have an understanding of the effective application of tolerances and a working knowledge of manufacturing processes such as:
Trim and finish
An understanding of the selection of appropriate hardware (fasteners etc.)
* The role essentially requires someone who is a competent communicator with the ability to establish good-working relationships across the departments and become an effective team-player.
* Good mechanical design background.
* Solid understanding of composites and plastics.
* Good knowledge of Mechanical structures (metal, aluminium, etc.)
* Experience of FMEA, clash detections
* Product design background would be ideal, particularly in automotive or tooling or experience is seating specific.
Responsibilities: Main tasks of the job / key result areas:
* Responsible for the design and detail modeling of a variety of suite components in order to meet the programme requirements.
* To produce designs to meet specified cost/weight targets.
* Design engineers will be expected to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and suppliers.
* Participate in Design Reviews throughout each phase of the New Product Introduction process.
* The selection and application of materials and processes appropriate to each design element.
* Ensure the successful integration of each design element within the product as a whole.
* Follow and contribute to the development of the Best Practice guidelines.
* To check engineering packages.
* From time to time, Design engineers must be prepared to undertake tasks outside of their normal duties as requested by their immediate supervisors.
* Participate in the validation of the product (using such methods as prototyping, test, DFMEA).
Salary: £32,000 to £38,000, depending on experience