|Job Ref:||204751838||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£20000 - £30000/annum Overtime||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:21|
£20-30,000 + overtime
Working for a globally renowned engineering business, who specialise in providing smart energy and power solutions across the world, an opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Fitter to be part of a team installing and constructing electrical power distribution and transmission systems from 400V to 132kV in a manner that delivers safe, high workmanship quality and fit for purpose networks for the customer and which promotes the company in a positive light at all times.
1. Assist Fitters and Jointers with the installation of ground mounted and structure mounted power system components including cable systems, switchgear, transformers,
busbars, relay panels and associated equipment in substations operating at up to 132KV.
Correctly installed, proven and fit for purpose electrical network components which comply with workmanship standards, quality standards, and which are installed in
line with current H&S legislation.
2. Progress to "Competent Person" status under the Customer's Safety Rules, allowing the individual to have independent access to substations containing live exposed
Attainment of "Competent Person" status under the Customer's Safety Rules - certified. Implementation and use of this qualification to the full.
3. Perform duties and behave in a manner to help build customer confidence and thereby contributing to the promotion of Projects Business growth.
Positive feedback from other team members and from the customer leading to repeat business.
4. Provide support and assistance in terms of commitment, effort and dedication as required to fellow team members and customers.
Team and its Customers satisfied with the level of support and assistance offered.
5. To work within all set procedures and to ensure Health and Safety is the most important element in this regard.
A safe individual and where necessary, team leader who inspires confidence in customers and peers by working safely and who meets the expected requirement when
(url removed)plete all tasks and task types allocated, increasing skill range and knowledge in the process. This can include excavation work, cable pulling, basic mechanical
fitting, and basic electrical fitting.
A capable and willing person who can apply him/herself to a range of basic task types and who progresses along an agreed skills development plan.
NA safe and maintain all company property issued, ensure it is routinely PAT or calibration tested and bring to the company`s attention any items that are not of a serviceable nature in a timely manner.
Practical or craft skills experience using hand tools.
SSE PD or SSEN authorisation would be preferable but not essential.
Good basic school education - 4 GCSEs at pass grade.
Needs to be a competent reader and able to understand safety rules and method statements.
Satisfactory communication skills (verbal and written).
Experience of working in small team in a site environment.
Knowledge of basic H&S requirements and PPE requirements for site works.
Site safety passport and/or experience of working on CDM sites.
Interviews are taking place w/c 10th October so if you'd like to find out more or be considered for this position, please contact Kate Wills at Vantage Consulting on (Apply online only) or email (Email Removed)
This role is based in East Kilbride