|Job Ref:||204751645||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:21|
Career Development Opportunity - Dimensional Variation Engineer - Coventry |
This is a great opportunity for a recent engineering graduate with some relevant industrial experience or someone who has come through an industrial apprentice route to develop their career as a Dimensional Variation Engineer. This is a role that will appeal to candidates who are highly numerate, who enjoy statistics and CAD modelling. The successful candidate will be coached and mentored by experienced DVA engineers and learn how to use sophisticated modelling software to conduct 3D analysis of vehicle body and trim systems for this ambitious vehicle manufacturer. Once trained the successful candidate will have gained valuable and rare skills.
Key elements of this Dimensional Variation job are:
- Lead the generation and development of the Dimensional Variation Analysis (DVA) simulation model
- DVA model generation for complete vehicle, under-body, upper-body, closures, exterior and interior trim
- Perform 3D tolerance analysis using VIS VSA
- Support development of Primary Locating Points (PLP) and GDandT and process direction toward meeting the dimensional targets and functional objectives.
- Provide technical support to cross functional teams.
- Support Optical Quality and Perceived Quality development.
Candidate requirements for this job:
- A degree qualification or similar
- OR an apprentice background
- Industry experience in automotive body or trim OR tooling / gauging
- Good knowledge of statistics
- Possess good communication skills
- Keen to learn and develop their career
In return the successful candidate can expect:
- A very competitive salary and benefits package
- Ongoing training and development
- The chance to work on a wide variety of projects in a state of the art working environment
Applications to be made in writing to
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency