|Job Ref:||204750933||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Port Talbot||Address:||Post Code:||SA12||Salary:||£7.90 - £10.54/hour||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:22|
To assist stakeholders with the development of specifications which outline the procurement requirements of the business. |
Supports and assists the Sourcing Lead and Senior Sourcing Leads to provide a comprehensive, value adding and professional
procurement service to the business.
- Engages with business stakeholders in development of procurement requirements. Determines specifications against business
need to ensure appropriate delivery of goods/service. Identifies the most appropriate ordering option (blanket orders, spot buying,
call offs etc) based upon volume and logistical requirements, administration and cost.
- Engages with business stakeholders to identify volume requirements to identify and communicate with suppliers ensuring all
internal systems are updated with relevant information.
- Produces and develops project plans to ensure that supply is provided in line with business requirements, managing any changes
to supply base and associated costs and risks
- Monitors and assesses supplier performance against agreed service level agreements, reviews service and quality and advises
improvements to be made in line with targets.
- Ensures that contracts negotiated by the Sourcing Lead / Senior Sourcing Lead are operationalised effectively and correctly
reflected in SAP; also manages any changes through the course of the contract.
- Ensures compliance of contacts to maximise delivery of benefits and challenges any non-compliance
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience as a purchasing professional or within a commercial role
• Awareness of the role Procurement plays in the Tata Steel organisation
• Understanding the organisational structure of Procurement
• Using IT & Procurement technology
• Understanding and applying Quality Management processes
• Analytical thinking
• Attention to detail
• Information gathering
• Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent and working towards a CIPS qualification