|Job Ref:||204750691||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Staffordshire||City:||Cannock||Address:||Post Code:||WS11||Salary:||£30000 - £39000/annum £30,000 to £39,000 plus overtim||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:22|
Job Title: TOOLMAKER|
Salary: £30,000 to £39,000 plus overtime, plus benefits.
Location: Staffordshire, Cannock
Commutable from: Cannock, Stafford, Penkridge, Lichfield, Burntwood, Brownhills, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Telford, West Bromwich, Birmingham, Tamworth
Hourly rate of £15.50 per hour, + 10% Shift Allowance for d/days or 25% SA for nights.
Due to continued expansion we are seeking to recruit a number of Toolmakers to join this award winning 1st tier Automotive manufacturing company.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a highly respected manufacturing organisation. This is a great opportunity to continue to develop your skills and experience. This is also a very friendly company to work for where you can enjoy the benefits of a long-term and stable career.
This position is available NOW, so if you are interested, please "apply now" via the job board link, or contact us immediately on the above for an immediate interview.
I am looking for a number of experienced Toolmakers to join one of the leading manufacturers in the automotive industry worldwide.
As a toolmaker you will be responsible for carrying out repairs and maintenance to all tooling including dies, jigs and fixtures within predetermined timescales. You will also be required to carry out any other duties, including overtime, relevant to the post which may arise thus ensuring a comprehensive and flexible service to the business and the department. This position will be working a 39 hour week across a 3 shift pattern and overtime will be essential.
• Must complete all tool notes without fail.
• Carry out effective maintenance and repairs so there is not an indirect effect on cost depreciation value of tools.
• Must complete all work within set timescales dictated by production/customer requirements. All completed work must be logged on the Tooling Repair Request note and the appropriate Tooling Record is updated.
• Evaluate each individual job to determine whether it can be repaired in Press or whether this must be removed to Toolroom for essential maintenance and repair work.
• Communicate effectively with shift managers and press technicians to ensure all issues are resolved correctly and in a timely manner.
• Estimate the length of time required to completely a job and plan ahead for any issues that may arise to ensure you are working within the required timescales.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience necessary
• Apprentice trained with an engineering qualification.
• Previous experience in fault finding within the role.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Previously operated potentially dangerous machinery.
• Strong understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace.
Experience in the following:
• Die dismantling
• Crane slinging
• Gas spring maintenance and repair
• Tool polishing
• Mig, Tig and Arc welding
Skills, Behaviours and Attributes desirable
• Ideally has experience in transfer and progression press tooling.
• Forklift truck and overhead cranes licenses are desirable, but not necessary.
Experience in some or all of the below equipment is desirable:
• Height gauges
• Slip gauges
• Sine bars
• Various Hand Held manual tools
• Hand Held Power tools
• Jig Boring machines
• Radial Drilling machines
• Pedestal Drilling machines
• Milling machines
• Cylindrical Grinding machines
• Surface Grinding machines
Must be an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills, open to change and have a can-do approach.
Highly organised with the ability to effectively manage time and prioritise workload.
Excellent rates of pay.
Offer excellent training and development opportunities.
Working for a leading 1st tier Automotive company