|Job Ref:||204750566||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Torpoint||Address:||Post Code:||PL11||Salary:||£20000 - £21000/annum Plus excellent benefits||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:22|
Scantec are actively recruiting for a Mechanical Fitter to work on a permanent basis for their Client in Plymouth. The successful candidate will conduct routine maintenance tasks on a Fuel Storage Depot. |
The job will require the post holder to be qualified in a relevant mechanical engineering discipline, or be qualified by experience; have the ability to work collaboratively with other team members and others with whom they may have dealings in a professional manner.
These duties include, but are not limited to
- Fault Finding and repair the fuel storage equipment; including plant and equipment, maintenance of plant and equipment
- The full range of mechanical tasks including fitting, welding, rigging, pipe fitting.
- Oil Spill techniques.
- Confined Space works to include specialist training in the use of:
- Confined space training;
- Compressed air breathing apparatus
- Atmosphere monitoring meters;
- Rescue equipment and procedures.
- Be part of a Rostered "On-Call" Team.
- Willing to undertake Short Notice overtime.
- Checking and calibrating instruments to make sure they are accurate
- Carrying out quality inspections
- Responding immediately to equipment breakdowns
- Fixing faults or arranging for replacements to be installed
- Keeping line managers informed of progress
- Overhauling and replacing parts according to schedule
- Fit and assembly of mechanical components making use of appropriate machinery/hand tools.
- Be responsible for the filling out of Job Request Sheets, Planned Maintenance Cards
- Carry out PPM and extra work requirements in adherence to set engineering standards
Scantec is the 3rd Largest Technical Agency in UK - "Recruitment International Magazine 2015" and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don`t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website