|Job Ref:||204750266||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Port Talbot||Address:||Post Code:||SA12||Salary:||£20000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:22|
To provide a professional and comprehensive procurement service in-line with procurement policy for all one-off special purchasing|
activities. To be main point of contact for site/plant colleagues on specials procurement, together with capital and major
maintenance to ensure value for money is obtained and all spend is compliant with company policies. Buying teams role is to liaise with both supplies sourcing teams and external vendors to ensure we deliver the departments operational efficiency initiatives and cost saving targets, whilst managing the commercial aspect and providing value in use/cost effectiveness.
• Previous Purchasing experience, or Commercial
• Excellent interpersonal skills, negotiation, influencing and facilitation skills, priority setting, problem solving and conflict management.
• Proven ability to manage and prioritise a large workload in line with required timescales.
• Ability to manage and balance commercial priorities with plant requirements.
• Authority to procure within the constraints laid down by Corus under 'Authority to Commit' document.
• Experience of networking both within Tata and outside of.
• Ability to generate and analyse statistical and textual information to aid solution thinking.
• Strong IT and SAP experience.
• Proactive team player with flexible approach to work.
• Requirement to work towards CIP qualifications