|Job Ref:||204750255||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Macclesfield||Address:||Post Code:||SK11||Salary:||£12 - £14/hour Possible permanent placement available afte||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:22|
Title: Assembly Fitter|
Reports to: Workshop Manager
Based at: Macclesfield
Assemble and test plant and associated equipment to company drawings and specifications. Carry out site service & commissioning activities at customer locations. Support other workshop activities as required.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. perform mechanical assembly in compliance with all technical specifications;
2. monitor the progress of assembly reporting any issues that may cause delays;
3. work with production management and QA;
4. continually monitor all product quality against company specifications, reporting any non-conformance immediately;
5. document the results of any inspections and testing;
6. evaluate problems and make initial recommendations for possible corrective action;
7. adhere to all stock control requirements to ensure future stock accuracy;
8. ensure compliance to health and safety policy;
9. liaising among different departments, e.g. sales, suppliers, managers, engineering;
10. support goods-inwards activities, assisting with booking in procedures;
11. support packing and logistics personnel to ensure the equipment arrives with the customer in the condition expected;
12 commissioning duties may be required at clients site - generally just UK travel but some travel Europe wide maybe required with short periods working away from home.
Time served Mechanical Engineer preferred.
Initially contract position with view to moving to a staff placement should both parties be in agreement