|Job Ref:||204750129||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Salary:||£35.15/hour||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:22|
Supportability Engineer - ILS :|
World class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit 2x Supportability Engineers (Integrated Logistics Support).
Please Note: you must be eligible for SC (Secret Level) Security Cleared
The contract is initially for 6-12 months (ongoing after).
The hourly rate is £35.15 per hour.
Supportability Engineer Job Description:
An opportunity has arisen for a subcontract Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Supportability Engineer to join the ILS Team to apply their skills on a wide range of dynamic, fast-moving projects. This role would suit an ILS Engineer, Supportability Engineer or Logistics Engineer with experience working in either the Defence or Commercial environment.
As a Supportability Engineer within the ILS team you will:
• Manage small to medium sized ILS work packages on behalf of the Project ILS manager.
• Define support requirements for the product and influence the product design to enhance supportability through life.
• Progressively validate, verify and report design compliance with the support requirements.
• Identify the support needs through application of Support Analysis addressing: whole life cost, level of repair, maintenance tasks, reliability centred maintenance, logistics information, tools and test equipment etc.
• Develop and communicate the product support strategy and associated plans.
• Scope the range and scale of resources, (manpower, skills, information and equipment) required to support the product through life.
• Ensure that the necessary support resources are available to deliver support at entry into service.
• Attend internal and Customer Programme, Design and ILS Reviews.
• The various weapon project teams each consist of a wide variety of specialists, providing you with the opportunity to develop your engineering / modelling skills.
The successful candidate will need to:
• Be qualified to degree standard or have equivalent experience in an engineering discipline.
• Have demonstrable experience of solving challenging problems within tight timescales and budgets.
• Have demonstrable experience in the application of Supportability Engineering tasks and techniques.
• Demonstrate an understanding of UK and international standards, and guidance, relating to ILS activities