|Job Ref:||204750121||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wolverhampton||Address:||Post Code:||WV1||Salary:||£16 - £20/hour||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:22|
Junior Tool Room Engineer|
To assist the Tool Room Engineer to manufacture consumable machine parts to ensure the smooth running of all the machinery in the factory to meet customer and company demands.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Support the tool room with manufacturing consumable machine parts such as knife blades and cutting rings in batches to small tolerances.
* Cut and shape parts using a combination of millers, lathes, grinders and cutting machines.
* Create drawings where required.
* Use a dial test indicator, micrometre and sine bar.
* Assembling and testing new tooling.
* Repair, remake and enhance existing tooling.
* Interpret and understand technical drawings.
* Cover for tool room engineer when required.
* Maintain a safe workshop environment in accordance with Health and Safety procedures.
* Flexible approach to working hours as necessary in case of emergency repairs.
* To take on other responsibilities as allocated by the tool room engineer.
Measurable Objectives and targets
* To ensure that machine parts are made in a timely manner to prevent machine down time.
Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4.30pm, weekend working may be required occasionally.
How to be assessed
Level 3 NVQ in Engineering Tool making or equivalent
Background in engineering within a work shop environment
Experience of working with milling machines and lathes
Previous experience of working within a manufacturing environment
Application form / interview
Knowledge, skills and abilities
Hydraulic and pneumatic experience
Good attention to detail