|Job Ref:||204750031||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Wiltshire||Address:||Post Code:||BA15||Salary:||£30000 - £33000/annum £31,310 + additional remuneration||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:22|
Maintainer (HGV Mechanic) (272as) - Wiltshire and North Yorkshire - £31,310 + additional remuneration|
My Client provides heavy equipment transportation services to the Army in peacetime and during conflict scenarios. An opportunity has arisen for a number of personnel to become Maintainers (HGV technicians) for my Client, who owns, operates and maintains the Heavy Equipment Transporter (HET) fleet. Training will be given; elements of the Military training are tailored to take account of previous experience.
• You will be based in Wiltshire where you will maintain my Client's and service vehicles.
• The role will involve Operational Tours on a rota basis plus working at other sites as necessary.
• You will be required to undertake Military Training and become a Sponsored Reservist joining the Reserve Forces. A Sponsored Reservist is a Volunteer and is a Group C member of the Reserve Forces.
• My Client's Sponsored Reserves will be affiliated with one of the Tank Transporter squadrons.
• From time to time, you will be required to go on operational deployment. You will remain an employee of my Client whilst under Army command, he will continue to pay your salary and benefits will continue to accumulate.
• You will be required to undertake at least 5 weeks training per year. This could be individual or collective training with the affiliated squadron.
• You will be required to comply with my Client's Health, Safety and Environment policies.
These roles have two areas of responsibility, peacetime and Sponsored Reserve tasking.
Report to: Workshop Supervisor
Description: Maintain the HET and other military wheeled vehicles and undertake roadside repair and recovery.
• Scheduled and unscheduled Mechanical & / or Electrical maintenance of HET
• Roadside repair and recovery of HET anywhere in Europe.
• Scheduled and unscheduled Mechanical & / or Electrical maintenance of other military wheeled vehicle.
• Perform Workshop tasks within manufacturers productivity levels
• Test Drive HET vehicles after maintenance tasks
• HET escort duties.
• May be required to work outdoors.
• Work within the requirements of the quality plan - Follow approved procedures / Participate in total quality and continuous improvement programmes / Assist in preventing, identifying and resolving quality problems.
Whilst most maintainer tasks will take place at the squadron workshop to which the individual is affiliated, all maintainers must be prepared to work short term at other squadron workshops if there is an operational need.
Sponsored Reserve Tasking
Reports to: Military chain of command.
Description: Undertake military duties on training exercises and operations.
• Primary task - Maintain the HET
• Undertake other Military Tasks
• Comply with Military Law and Regulations
• Attend all compulsory training for a minimum of 35 days per annum, including weekend and unsocial hours
• Pass annual Individual Training Directives
• Maintain fitness and equipment in order to carry out duties effectively and comply with regulations.
• Work under Military command and control
• Respond to call up
• Maintain Sponsored Reserve status
The maintainer will also carry out any other reasonable task required.
ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL DRIVING LICENCE AND EXPERIENCE
• Hold a current UK licence with categories C+E (HGV 1);
• Have a minimum of 2 years experience with categories C+E; and
• Have not more than 6 penalty points on their licence.
OTHER ESSENTIAL CRITERIA
Applicants must be:
• A highly professional Mechanic or Electrical engineer with a strong sense of Company and team loyalty.
• Qualified to GCSE Maths & Science grade a-c / BTEC engineering / appropriate city & guilds / Maintainer NVQ 3 Electrical or mechanical.
• Extremely trustworthy and responsible.
• A British passport holder.
• Aged 21 to 52.
• The holder of an appropriate BTEC, City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 qualification.
• Able to achieve a GTI score of at least 48 points.
• Able to pass medical examination as laid down in Pulheems 2000.
• Able to pass representative military tasks.
• Eligible to join the Reserve Forces.
• Willing to become and remain a Sponsored Reserve and uphold their commitments as such.
Desirable criteria - it would be desirable if applicants are:
• Dual trained Mechanics / Electricians with a Joint Mechanical & Electrical Qualification.
• Holders of ADR Licence.
• In possession of a Clean Driving Licence.
This is a salaried position, with an annual salary of £31,310 for an average of 48 hours worked - averaged over a rolling reference period of 17 weeks. There is potential for uplifts and allowances, depending on deployment on training and operations, as well as for the Reserve Forces bounty, subject to eligibility. Other benefits are:
• This position attracts 28 days holiday, including Bank Holidays, per year increasing to 33 days after 5 years.
• There is a stakeholder pension after 2 years continuous service.
• Life Insurance: my Client will reimburse you for up to 8 units of RPAX per month
This opportunity is open to personnel who have previously been of any rank and trade in any Service, subject to the possession of the necessary qualifications and other criteria detailed above. However, it should be noted that Sponsored Reserves in this role currently serve only at the rank of private or lance corporal.
There is also potential to combine this role with that of the Operator (HGV Driver), (see separate advertisement) subject to qualifications. This dual role would be primarily home-based as an Operator, working from a depot as a Maintainer during surge periods.
For more information, please contact Andrew Slater at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on (Apply online only) then select 2.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY