|Job Ref:||204749772||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Preston||Address:||Post Code:||BN1||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:22|
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to join a leading manufacturer of healthcare and beauty products for brand owners. The company's expertise lie within nutrition, beauty and healthcare sectors and they lead the way in product development, manufacturing and packing.
As the Mechanical Engineer you'll ensure all equipment is maintained to required standards so as to increase uptime. You'll deal with breakdowns promptly and efficiently and within timescales allowed and you'll ensure that PPM schedules are adhered to in accordance with specifications, safety and quality standards.
As a Mechanical Engineer your duties and responsibilities will be (but not limited to):
* Assessing project requirements
* Agreeing budgets, timescales and specifications with Engineering Team leader and managers
* Simplifying and speeding up of changeovers of packing line equipment
* Liaising with suppliers and ordering parts
* Problem solving and diagnostics, finding permanent solutions
* Attend breakdowns and work to PPM schedule requirements within production / manufacturing
* Producing and implementing line trials providing follow up and feedback
* Measuring & improving performance of equipment
* Testing, evaluating, modifying and improving equipment
* Writing reports and documentation
* Providing technical advice and hands on support
* Analysing and interpreting data, & producing action plans for improvements
* Input in to & writing of procedures
* Setting of equipment in line with procedures & time limits
* Support the development of line setters in accordance with procedures
* Maintain Quality, Health & Safety & GMP requirements
* Drive and maintain Operational Excellence through innovation & improvement
* Work with and support Line Operators to improve their competence and ability to operate the equipment in the most efficient way possible.
Ideally you'll have a Mechanical Engineering bias and will hold a Mechanical Engineering qualification such as NVQ Level 3 in Engineering and a minimum of City and Guilds or ONC or higher / equivalent. You'll have previous experience in a similar industry and will have the ability and techniques to solve complex problems.
To apply: please contact Michaela - (url removed)
To view other job opportunities with Velosi-Intec, why not download the Applus+ Velosi Jobs App - enter "ApplusVelosi Jobs App" into Google.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Intec (UK) Ltd was established in 1980 by Engineers for Engineers. We deliver Global Recruitment Solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear, Utilities, Rail, Construction and Aerospace Sectors for Owner/Operators, Consultancies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
For a free, confidential service register your details on velosi-intec where you will find a full list of live positions. Intec (UK) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC)