|Job Ref:||204749639||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Staffordshire||City:||Staffordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WS7||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:22|
Summary of the role: |
We are looking for an Enthusiastic Engineer to join our existing Substation Control Systems team to perform all aspects of implementation of Substation Control Systems from design through to installation and commissioning on site. Suitable candidate must be able to communicate effectively with the customer, have the ability to interpret customer requirements (including schedules, drawings etc.), have an understanding of system engineering design and be prepared to be involved in and eventually lead site visits for the purpose of survey and installation work (including the preparation of associated risk evaluation/method statements). Suitable candidate would also be involved in an extensive Substation Control Systems upgrade programme.
This position would suit someone who has a good grounding in systems engineering and enjoys working in an engineering environment, who is keen to work on site and become involved in all aspects of a project and is keen to learn and develop new skills as part of an experienced and committed team.
• Working under close supervision to agreed procedures/methods and standards with configuration and engineering design responsibilities.
• Interpret and verify customer supplied data and specifications.
• Produce system designs from customer supplied information using the company's existing generic approach
• Creating/modifying system drawings and Schematics
• Producing all necessary documentation to support the production of the systems
• Assisting in Site acceptance testing
• Involvement in site surveys and preparation of Health and Safety Documentation
• At least, educated to HND level in an Electrical Engineering discipline.
Preferably educated to degree level in relevant subject(s).
• Computer literate with Autocad and Excel experience.
• Capable of good customer communications.
• Methodical approach to the interpretation of customer requirements.
• Hold a current full driving licence (UK or be able to easily convert to full UK)
• Must be willing to go for a basic disclosure Scotland check.
• Experience of database configuration and system validation work.
• Experience of the Substation Control System engineering design work desirable (but not essential)
• Experience of the Substation environment useful (but not essential as full training will be given)
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
• Have excellent communication skills.
• Be flexible in their methods of working