|Job Ref:||204749604||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Andover||Address:||Post Code:||SP10||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:22|
Corr Recruitment are seeking an experienced machine operator to join our Andover client. Our client is the UK's largest and longest established manufacturer and supplier of engineered wood products. They are now looking for a sawyer to join their team in Andover.|
You will be responsible for:
Cutting timber for assembly
* Checking there are sufficient operatives to carry out each job.
* The correct and safe stacking of the completed product.
* Changing the saw blades as required.
* Checking the quality of the cut.
Following all health and safety procedures.
* Complete all daily maintenance checks.
* Check area for hazards, obstacles or contaminants.
* Ensure that correct manual handling techniques are followed.
General House Keeping
* Cleaning up oil and diesel spills as soon as possible.
* Making sure product, bearers, banding tapes, polythene etc. are cleared away promptly.
* Ensuring all arears are clear of obstacle's.
The ideal candidate will:
* Have previous experience working as a machine operator.
* Have excellent attention to detail.
* Be compliant with all health and safety procedures.
* Be able to work independently as well as helping the team when needed.
* Be able to work quickly and efficiently.
* Work sensibly and safely at all times.
* Be good at time keeping.
Please apply today or call Vicky on (Apply online only) for more information