|Job Ref:||204749473||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Bradford||Address:||Post Code:||BD1||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:22|
My client currently has a fantastic & challenging vacancy for an experienced & enthusiastic PLANT MANAGER / GENERAL MANAGER to join & lead the company from the front.|
The Plant Manager will report to the Director Operations Global Extrusions. The primary responsibility of the Plant Manager is to manage the operations and manufacturing by safely delivering the financial objectives.
The successful candidate will be measured on both financial and non-financial indicators directly related to safety, profitability, quality, on-time delivery, and employee engagement.
* Works with the Director Operations Global Extrusions to develop manufacturing operating plans in accordance with company policies, goals and objectives.
* Assists in delivering set financial objectives by reaffirming existing production goals or setting new goals then leading the team to achieve these goals.
* Monitors performance and drives continuous improvement actions by identifying improvement opportunities and issuing corrective actions as needed to achieve desired results.
* Delivers operational excellence through optimizing capacities, lowering cost and providing increased value to the customer base.
* Owns cost savings and working capital reduction initiatives by ensuring adequate incoming supplies while managing inventory levels.
* Directs the implementation of lean and flexible production systems by applying productivity tools such as TPM, 5S, standard work, work balance and product flow techniques across the facility.
* Effectively communicates with others within and outside the immediate work group to ensure consistent quality assurance and process excellence procedures, controls and feedback.
* Links established processes and leadership execution in the areas of Environmental Health and Safety in keeping with the company's proud legacy of attention to safety and the environment.
* Ensures adequate people development plans and capable succession plans are in place.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's Degree in a Technical / Engineering field.
* Several years of progressive management experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience of the Aerospace market is preferred.
* Must have a hands on approach when dealing with staff.
* Demonstrate quantitative results in leading manufacturing excellence.
* Ability to establish sound priorities and objectives and function in a constantly changing environment.
* Demonstrate ability to train, develop, and motivate subordinates.
* A strong understanding of manufacturing or supply chain processes.
* Strong financial literacy.
* Proven leadership ability and results orientation.
* Outstanding mediating, negotiating, and influencing skills