|Job Ref:||204753528||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Plymouth||Address:||Post Code:||PL3||Salary:||£24000 - £28000/annum DOE||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:23|
Experienced Quality Engineer To lead the quality agenda and facilitate behavioral change with regards to quality. Ensure compliance with all aspects of our clients' quality and manufacturing systems from build quality through to final inspection. Develop and maintain statistical control techniques to improve quality measurement and identify key areas for improvement. Ensure where applicable the company quality systems are maintain and updated.|
Overall Key Responsibilities:
• Quality targets and standards
• Accurate and on time reports and statistics
• Measure, develop and monitor Quality standards
• Maintenance of local quality systems in accordance with company wide policy
• Achievement of KPI targets
Health, Safety and Environment:
• Contribute to the improvement of the H&S environment from a quality perspective.
• Responsible for the control, monitoring and improvement of the quality processes from start to end of a production line
• Support the continuous improvement culture using lean methodologies and thinking and contribute from a quality perspective.
• Ensure all quality procedures and systems are understood and being worked to.
• Provide and develop the quality KPI's and statistics and ensure these are displayed and communicated. Support the corrective action that is taken on variances.
• Ensure any rework created is corrected to an acceptable standard; that permanent solutions/improvements are action, all boat line members understand and are aware of the change and the loop is closed to prevent recurrence.
• Responsible for completing final checks and quality audits to the correct standard.
• Action any non-conformance in a timely manner
• Ensure that all change notes are properly investigated before issuing to the change note committee and make sure the changes are implemented.
• Input into the updating and amendment to work instructions
• Provide first point of call for quality issues and enquiries
• Develop, coach and support production staff and line management in quality issues and good practice
• Communicate and train appropriate staff on quality issues and systems encourage feedback and suggestions for improvement
• Communicate regularly with material and warranty Teams
• A minimum of two years experience in a similar role
• Able to work in a team environment
• Ability to be flexible and prioritise workload
• Possess initiative, confidence, enthusiasm,
• Good personal and organisational skills
• Trained or knowledge of Auditing requirements
• Excellent attention to detail and finish
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Able to resolve problems under own initiative
• Be able to make decisions
• Knowledge of ISO9001/AS9100 standards
• PPAP / APQP
If you are an experienced Quality Engineer looking for a new challenge please submit an up to date CV by using the 'apply' button below.
For an informal chat please phone (Apply online only) and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest