|Job Ref:||204753261||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£55000 - £70000/annum Package||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:23|
We are working with a medium sized, entrepreneurial multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy to identify a Principal or Associate or Lighting Designer for their London office.|
As both "Investors in people" and a "Top 100 Best Companies to work for" they are passionate about attracting, developing and retaining the best engineers in the industry and offer a great working environment.
Working closely with the in-house teams of MEP, Civil and Structural, Environmental Engineers and Architects you will design innovative and adaptive lighting solutions on a range of high profile projects across the UK and abroad. Your role will involve;
* Supporting the Director with project bids, resource planning, marketing and financial control on projects.
* Supervising staff and project quality assurance with related documents, adequate checking procedures and professional methods of communication.
* Attending design meetings, giving technical presentations and answering contractor queries.
* Carrying out design and calculations on lighting and services.
* Carry out site surveys and creating survey reports, feasibility reports, luminaire and lighting control schedules, design reports, technical specifications and design risk assessments.
* Ensuring Lighting installations are integrated with architecture, building services and other disciplines.
* Supporting junior and intermediate designers.
* Liaising with building control and planning teams.
* Using and training Junior Designers on a range of specialist CAD and Calculation packages such as AGi32, DIALux, Indesign, Relux, Ecotect, Rhino / DIVA / Grasshopper.
* Establishing and maintaining relationships with clients and manufacturers.
This is a great opportunity for a Principal or Associate Lighting Designer to join a high profile employee focussed multi-disciplinary consultancy and be instrumental in shaping the future of the Lighting team.
The do offer a full benefits package of pension, private healthcare, 25 days leave, payment of professional memberships, ongoing CPD and a fantastic work life balance