|Job Ref:||204749174||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||OX18||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:23|
The Ultimate Engineering Challenge awaits you!|
Due to continual growth my client is recruiting an Electrical and Controls Technician for a global leader in Packaging Technology.
As an Electrical and Controls Technician you will be responsible for the following:
• Responsible for the design and build of electrical systems for special purpose equipment including development test rigs and prototype machines.
• Scope includes interpreting work briefs and functional specifications created from customer requirements, schematic, detail design, and support to commissioning, testing and validation.
• Working in conjunction with a controls engineer, activities include: -
• Designing mains, motor and low voltage control systems
• Instrumentation and sensor specification for machine and process control
• Electrical system design, component selection and specification, and bill of materials
• Programming of PLCs, HMIs including touch screens
• Leading electrical design and build activities within a small team
• Supporting and mentoring an electrical apprentice
As an Electrical and Controls Technician you will have the following experience;
• A minimum of 3 years proven ability in the design and build of electrical systems for special purpose machine assemblies, test rigs, preferably in a development environment
• An understanding of mechatronic principles applied to bespoke equipment design
• Experience of the design process from development of a brief through to final validation, with emphasis on quality and teamwork
• Competent in the use of 2D CAD (AutoCad) for electrical work
• Knowledge of data capture for analysis and process development purposes
• Some knowledge and experience of site electrical work would be an advantage
• Educated to a minimum HNC level, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in electrical engineering in conjunction with relevant experience.
• Ability and ambition to develop within role
• Proven hands-on skills from experience in previous role(s)
• Passionate about quality and timely delivery of fit-for-purpose technical solutions
• Effective communicator at all levels with ability to promote and present ideas
• Proven ability to work effectively within a development technician team
• Familiarity with machinery design standards, electrical regulations, BS EN60204-1, BS7671,
EN ISO 13849 and other relevant design standards