|Job Ref:||204749036||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Northampton||Address:||Post Code:||NN1||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:23|
Demob Job Reference: J2681|
Job Title: Customer Support Engineer
Location: Birmingham, Coventry, Northampton, Milton Keynes
Salary: £Competitive + Attractive Benefits
Start Date: Immediate
My client is a leading provider of installation and maintenance services within the printing industry. They provide turnkey solutions to their prestigious blue chip client base across the UK and Europe. Due to continued development and expansion they now require a Customer Support Engineer to join their team. The successful candidate will ideally live in close proximity of the following areas; Birmingham, Coventry, Northampton, Milton Keynes and will be based from home covering a dedicated area. The Customer Support Engineer will travel to customer sites and carry out maintenance and repairs to a range of printing products and equipment. Please note you must be flexible in your approach to work as this position involves regular overnight stays during the working week.
Although not essential, this may be well suited to candidates coming from an (ex-military) background i.e. Army (REME/Avionics), Navy (Weapons/Marine Engineer) or Royal Air Force/RAF (Avionics/Aircraft Technician) career are encouraged to apply, especially those with electro-mechanical engineering backgrounds.
- Liaison with customers on site; carry out routine maintenance and service of a range of products supplied by the company.
- Identify electrical/electronic faults and carry out repairs including; motors, pumps, elements, solenoids, relays, PLC's, switches, sensors etc.
- Install new components to ensure that machinery is working as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Fault find and repair down to component level using a range of testing equipment including meggers and flukes etc.
- Provide frontline technical support over the telephone to customers.
- Report any machine issues and newly encountered problems to the Technical Liaison Engineer as they arise.
- Provide accurate service documentation for site visits.
- Deliver effective on-site specialist technical support to customers.
- Please note you must have a flexible approach to working and travelling, as well as staying away from home overnight.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with company Health & Safety regulations.
- Maintain an awareness of company Quality Assurance requirements.
- Take a positive and proactive approach to the promotion of all aspects of the company.
- Proven multi-skilled background with Electrical & Mechanical skills are essential for this role.
- Hold a minimum of BTEC/NVQ Level in Electronics/Electrical/Mechanical/Controls Engineering.
- Experience within a field service engineering role - desirable.
- Working knowledge and understanding of PLC's.
- Strong technical background.
- Ability to fault find and read electrical wiring diagrams.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Sound communicator.
- Excellent fault finding skills.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Flexible approach to work - willing to travel in the United Kingdom and Europe when required.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Salary £Competitive.
- Company van and fuel card (after qualifying period), mobile phone and laptop provided.
- 25 days plus 8 bank holidays.
- Employer Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Subsistence Allowance, Travel Allowance.
- Private Health Insurance, Permanent Health & Life Insurance.
- Full training on company products.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.
- Challenging and varied working environment