|Job Ref:||204748956||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Code:||SG1||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:23|
A skilled facilities / electrical maintenance engineer is required within the Environmental Engineering laboratory at Stevenage to carry out diagnostic and maintenance activities on a range of test equipment including Electromagnetic shaker systems, amplifiers and climatic chambers, in addition to providing support to special projects and test activities. This role requires a self-starter who can manage their time to deliver solutions in safe and effective manner whilst meeting schedule and budgetary constraints.
In addition the role will also require the creation of custom test applications along with opportunities to develop additional specialist skills in areas such as maintenance of refrigeration plants and may involve application and use of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
- Providing a first line electrical diagnostic capability for a variety of climatic and vibration test plant (mostly LDS / B&K/ UD systems) and equipment to identify faults.
- Liaising and organising repair / maintenance work with sub-contractors.
- Working with the laboratory team to ensure serviceability and availability of key equipment.
- Undertaking electrical repair work as required to the necessary safety standards.
- Maintaining a safe working environment, including the provision of circuit diagrams and operating instructions for any modified equipment.
- Commissioning and installing new equipment to deliver a safe and well documented solution.
- Occasional use of PLC programming software to ensure safe and effective operation of equipment.
- Updating maintenance records, including regular checks on equipment status and performance.
- Implementing a robust preventative maintenance system.
- Ensuring sub contract maintenance companies perform work to the required electrical standards.
- Communicating best practice for operation of equipment to other team members.
- Opportunities to develop skills (with training and support) in refrigeration plant operation and maintenance, shaker and amplifier operation and maintenance.
What we are looking for?
- Experienced facilities electrical maintenance engineer or skilled electrician with some mechanical knowledge
- A strong and demonstrated ability to work 'hands-on` from first principles to safely diagnose electrical issues and implement prompt, effective and safe repair schemes.
- Good attention to detail to fully document repair solutions.
- A team player who can play an integral part of an outgoing, lively and highly skilled engineering team.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- An ability to develop custom test facility solutions.
- An ability to mentor and train others when required.
- An ability to evaluate the safety and performance of work undertaken by external subcontractors (within field of expertise).
- Good knowledge of the Electricity at Work regulations, including ability to prove dead and undertake live diagnostic work.
- A desire to develop knowledge in all other areas of maintenance (i.e. refrigeration, verification, validation).
- Good communication skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Working knowledge / ability of PLC programming would be desirable
- A working knowledge of shakers and amplifiers would be desirable.
- A working knowledge of mechanical fitting would be desirable.
What`s great about joining this team?
EEF are an integral part of the Technical Directorate, whose aim is to deliver expertise in the field of vibration, shock and climatic environments. Part of this role is the provision of complex test solutions in a timely and cost effective manner to ensure delivery of MBDA Project commitments. We pride ourselves in our level of technical expertise and the ability to provide innovative solutions for complex problems.
EEF are involved at all stages of the product lifecycle from conception through development and into qualification and integration.
EEF operate a wide variety of complex equipment of varying ages and operating modes, and constantly develop and design new facilities to suit Project requirements.
MBDA prides itself on providing on-the-job training plus a range of courses to enhance your development further. This role will present considerable opportunities to develop other related skills in a supported manner.
What would you get?
A competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities