|Job Ref:||204748909||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Bradford||Address:||Post Code:||BD1||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:23|
Due to continued development and growth, my client currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced LABORATORY MANAGER / TECHNICIAN to join the team at their manufacturing plant in Bradford, West Yorkshire.|
This is a newly created role which will involve the management of the day to day operation of the Metallurgy and Final Product Audit Laboratories, including escalation of any critical issues. To define a standardized structure for laboratory inspections and associated tasks, and to coach and develop staff within the laboratories. To provide support to operational functions and process owners with reporting and analysis in to defects, and any suggestions for process improvements. The role is very much, there for the right person to develop as they see fit and will offer opportunity for progression and development within the business.
* To supervise, support, coach and develop members of the Metallurgy and Final Product Audit laboratories.
* Provide technical analysis for improvements to the in house heat treatment process.
* Technical interpretation of abnormalities in the material structure of the product as required.
* Ensure performance of the laboratories is in line with operational and management system priorities (e.g. monitoring of calibration activities, MSA, performance of product and process checks at the prescribed frequencies etc).
* To perform layered audits for related activities to confirm adherence to correct standards and procedures.
* Support operational functions in the deployment of tools and techniques necessary to reduce defects and waste, and to implement effective corrective actions.
* Contribute to the development of quality documentation including process control plans, operating procedures, standard operations, PFMEAs, process flowcharts and any other quality related documents and forms.
* Monitor and report related KPIs at department and site level.
* Support compliance and assist with adherence to the ISO / TS16949 Quality Management System.
* Undertake appropriate project and project management activities as directed by Quality Manager.
* Promote the awareness of Customer Specific Requirements and the use customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement and quality assurance.
* Participate in cross functional team activity for new product launch.
* Lead by example and promote 'best practice'.
*Foreign travel to other sites within the business unit for benchmarking and related product knowledge.
* Write technical reports and present at project meetings and to customers as required.
* To undertake any personal development to close any skill gaps.
* Achieve agreed performance goals and objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* Degree or similar qualification in a Materials Science or Metallurgy of low carbon steels.
* Previous quality assurance experience in the Automotive or other regulated industry.
* Previous experience in a management or supervisory role.
* Previous change management experience.
* Knowledge of the application problem solving tools e.g. 5 why, fishbone diagram, A3, 8D, PPS, etc.
* Ability to convert theoretical work in to practical applications, such as process or product development.
* Awareness of ISO / TS16949.
* Lean Six Sigma qualification is desirable.
* PC literate in MS Office and Minitab.
* SAP knowledge is desirable.
* ISO / TS16949 audit qualified preferred.
* Methodical and logical thinker with a drive to make quick improvements.
* Ability to make decisions under time pressure.
* Ambitious with a desire to progress.
* Tenacious, with the ability to sell ideas to others and to overcome resistance to change.
* Full driving license & UK Passport.
* Willing to travel internationally on business when required