|Job Ref:||204748863||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Broughton||Address:||Post Code:||HP22||Salary:||£20.32 - £23.44/hour||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:23|
Based at our client's site in Broughton, near Chester. A centre of manufacturing excellence in the aerospace industry. We are looking to recruit a Lead Design Engineer.|
The successful Lead Design Engineer will operate with a check and ideally approval signatory for single aisle design in CPD and be a natural focal point providing direction in technical issues and governance. The Lead Design Engineer will support on-going continuous improvement initiatives to increase team efficiency through methods, process and other capability improvements, where applicable ensuring a robust lessons learnt and feedback process is maintained. They will report critical technical issues up through functional management, and provide technical mentoring for team members, supply base and other sub-contracted work.
- Where appropriate, Lead, Carry out and verify design solutions for a range of tasks, including (but not restricted to) Modifications & Design Query Notes.
- Ensuring that design standards and requirements are met, liaising with other functions and projects to ensure the design solutions are fully integrated.
- Operate as a check and approve signatory for Design in a specialism / skill / operation.
- Support in area of knowledge the on-going continuous improvement.
- Support where appropriate the CVE to enable a satisfactory design solution or conclusion that supports airworthiness type cert and configuration management.
- The Lead Design Engineer is responsible for the approval of design solutions in Enablement and CPD tasks against the aircraft design requirements.
- The Lead Design Engineer is responsible for the compilation and approval of design solutions prepared by team members, and where necessary and supply chain as required and will provide feedback.
Skills and Attributes
Catia V5 - Highly Proficient
DPDS - Highly Proficient
ICC - Proficient
Project Management methologies
Leadership/Mentoring and coaching
Provide Leadership of Technical Issues
Operate as an Approval signatory
Lead appropriate tasks and activities when required
Highly proactive, dynamic and attention to detail
Within the Plant Engineering Team at Broughton, the job holder reports to the Head of Siglum for the for the applicable Program area (operationally) and to the Broughton Senior Design Engineer or Principal Engineer as appropriate (functionally).
If you are interested in the role don't hesitate to apply