|Job Ref:||204748729||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Warrington||Address:||Post Code:||MK46||Salary:||£32000 - £35000/annum Paid Overtime, Car||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:23|
Due to ongoing projects Our Client is looking to recruit a controls & automation service engineer primarily based in the North West but willing to travel. |
Successful candidates must have experience of working in a customer facing role and experience in:
• SCADA systems including InTouch, and PLCs from Siemens S5/S7, Omron, Mitsubishi, Rockwell, Modicon and Beckhoff
• General PLC / SCADA software modification experience
• Other skills advantageous but not essential are basic level SQL, Some knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL,VB, .NET. VSD configuration and B & R experience would also be beneficial
• 24/7- 365 Rota cover (currently 1 in 4 over the month) but flexibility may be requested to cover rota if necessary
• Excellent problem solving and diagnostic skills
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver results within deadlines
• Adaptable to new production trends and new technology
They are looking for a pro-active can-do mentality - an engineer who will be "hands"-on and a team player who can interact and interface with both other team members and clients.
You must have strong writing skills as written reports are an essential part of the job as any work that is carried out will need to be recorded and handed over to the management of our client and for company records.
They cover varied areas of industry including Nuclear Power, Water, Food, Beverage, Oil/Gas and Pharmaceutical.
As a Service and Automation Engineer you would be required to carry out preventative maintenance checks annually to site for our contract customers and you would be required to carry out software back-ups and inspections of automation equipment, diagnose and rectify any faults that you find. You would be expected to resolve any issues at site with the minimum of interruption to the client. You may be troubleshooting problems over the phone, working remotely or attending site to resolve problems. Other duties carried out may be testing equipment and the commissioning of automation systems on site. You will also be required to carry out project works from time to time.
You must have good leadership skills and the ability to work under the minimum amount of supervision, along with good communications skills to train and interact with the client. You must also have a valid clean driving license as travel will be involved.
There may be occasions when overseas travel may be required to conduct site surveys, commissioning or fault finding and this could be an excellent opportunity to advance with the company.
This job offers the following benefits:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 25 days annual holiday
• Access to company vehicles
• Contributory Individual private healthcare
• Payment for rota cover
• Good basic salary, along with paid overtime
Scantec is the 3rd Largest Technical Agency in UK - "Recruitment International Magazine 2015" and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don`t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website