|Job Ref:||204748491||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Bulwell||Address:||Post Code:||NG6||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:23|
Frontline Recruitment Group are currently looking for a Mechanical Service Design Engineer for a prestige client based in the NG6 area of Nottingham.|
As a result of continued growth within our dynamic company specialising in Plumbing & Mechanical service Installations within the commercial and industrial sectors of construction, an excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Design Engineer to join our growing and dynamic team undertaking all aspects of the mechanical design process with involvement in design brief meetings with clients.
In this role you will take the lead in the overall preparation and submission of detailed design and co-ordination of Building Services solutions, including Heating, Domestic Services, Above Ground Drainage systems, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Gas, Utilities, Compressed Air and Plant Layouts to meet with our clients requirements/specifications to the latest legislative requirements.
Reporting Directly to the Project Director/Manager, the Design Engineer will be responsible for:
- Preparation of engineering calculations over a number of disciplines in support of detail design schemes.
- Perform concept and detail design work
- Produce sketch drawings of design concepts in sufficient detail to enable production of details design definition drawings
- Generate concise and presentable sketches and reports for issue to the client
- Self-Development to meet new requirements
- Manage project timescales and achieve or improve deadlines
- Provide progress status reports to line management on a regular basis and work to achieve or improve the companies/client's objectives of program, cost and quality
To be successful you will ideally have some relevant qualifications such as ONC/HNC/Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering, working towards Chartership status. You will come from lots of experience including some in a consultancy environment . Good communications skills and the ability to work as an individual and part of a team is key
Further attributes include:
- Excellent time management
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise & forward plan
- Ideally a knowledge of Hevacomp and an understanding of AutoCAD would be beneficial
- Experience in sustainability and understanding of BREEAM advantageous