|Job Ref:||204748468||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:23|
Research and Development Engineer|
Our client is a manufacturer within the Friction Industry. They are based in Bristol and are looking to secure an Engineer to work on a permanent basis in their manufacturing plant. The ideal candidate will be looking to gain employment in a company that will provide industry specific training on their role and will be committed to learning and be able to demonstrate their ability to commit to a training period and a strong work ethic.
Salary circa £20k
Benefits 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
Training (in-house and external)
Work Place pension
Opportunity to attend conferences nationally and internationally
Hours 7.30am-4.30pm (Mon - Thurs) 7.30am - 3pm Friday
Skills Interest in manufacturing/engineering
Experience in manufacturing/mechanical engineering or mechanics
Desire to learn a new industry
Proven ability to show commitment to your role
* Product development of friction materials - assisting the R&D manager with on going projects to develop new and improved friction materials. In time learning how to run your own projects with appropriate support
* Sample production - production of sample pads for internal testing and customer evaluation
* Loading machines with raw materials, operating, setting and learning to program machines
* Testing finished product
* Laboratory (not clean room) based testing.
* Some desk based testing and documentation
* Performing regular friction and compression tests.
This is a varied role with time split between hands on production and testing and desk based analysis and admin.
The suitable candidate will be flexible and enthusiastic and have a desire to learn and a strong work ethic.
Appropriate training will be provided.
A GCSE in mathematics would be beneficial
An apprenticeship in mechanical engineering or mechanics would be advantageous but is not essential.
BMR Solutions is acting on behalf of our client and we are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency