|Job Ref:||204748437||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:23|
Senior Highway Design Engineer - Manchester|
My client is an independent, international, engineering and project management consultancy with over 130 years of experience. They deliver services in the fields of aviation, buildings, energy, industry, infrastructure, maritime, mining, transport, urban and rural planning and water.
Senior Highway Design Engineer - The Role:
Exciting opportunity for a Senior Highways Design Engineer based in Manchester.
As Senior Design Engineer you will be managing the delivery of highway schemes and solutions. You will be technically competent in dealing with all types of infrastructure projects, and will manage project teams and undertake the day to day client liaison and management. You will be expected to be able to identify business opportunities communicating and discussing these with the Transport UK Management Team. You will contribute towards the technical excellence of the team and can expect considerable experience on a variety of interesting and challenging projects.
The Northern design team operates out of the Manchester and Liverpool offices with major private sector clients and an increasing public sector workload, the role would require the flexibility to work between both offices as workload requires.
The workload is wide ranging and covers all aspects of highway design from; feasibility to construction supervision and include minor highway improvements to major new road and infrastructure schemes. The role demands a proactive approach in a team environment and offers substantial opportunity for career progression within the company.
Senior Highway Design Engineer - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of infrastructure projects.
- Developing innovative design solutions to serve and benefit Clients.
- Inspiring junior staff to develop innovative design solutions to serve and benefit Clients.
- Proactively contributing to the technical development of the design function in the UK.
- Providing technical support and advice within Transport UK in order to:
- Develop the technical skills of junior staff; and
- Ensure consistency in technical quality from junior staff.
- Commercial and technical management of projects ensuring that projects are managed effectively within budgetary constraints.
- The day-to-day management of the junior members of the design function in the UK
- the day-to-day management of other disciplines
- Identification of business opportunities
- Preparation of fee proposals
- Assistance in preparation of PQQs
Senior Highway Design Engineer - Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Relevant degree or equivalent level qualification
- Extensive relevant post qualification experience on Highways Projects such as S278, S38 and S104 agreements
- Hold Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status or working towards this
- Ability to prepare briefs and manage project costs and budgets
- Working knowledge of design standards - DMRB, MfS
- Understanding of highway design software, such as MX, WINDES, etc
- Working knowledge of utilities provision, diversions and construction practices
- Knowledge of the implications of works on the environment and knowledge of sustainable construction practices
- Full understanding of the health and safety legislation covering the construction industry
- Management and project management skills to supervise and deliver a programme of works
- Working knowledge of contract procurement, specification, supervision and contract administration experience. (NEC Contract, MCHW).
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to write reports and prepare presentations
- Ability to manage and motivate junior staff
- Hold a current UK driving Licence
Scantec is the 3rd Largest Technical Agency in UK - "Recruitment International Magazine 2015" and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don`t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website