|Job Ref:||204748304||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Romney Marsh||Address:||Post Code:||TN29||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:23|
Project Cost Engineer|
Location: Romney Marsh, Dungeness Power Station
Salary: £262.50 per day Based on a 4 day week.
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months
Contact details: Duncan Moran -
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
* To provide a project cost engineering service to project managers in compliance with relevant company procedures.
* Accountable to the project manager for service and to the Head of Profession for standards;
* Deliver an effective cost engineering service to Project Managers;
* To participate in project reviews and audits and conduct self-assessments of the Cost Engineering arrangements to ensure compliance is achieved with company procedures;
* Conduct full and detailed SPI, CPI variance analysis and subsequent root cause analysis, followed by provision of narrative, recommendations & recovery plans;
* Monitor funding utilisation and requirements.
* Preparation of project Funding Change Proposals (FCP) and supporting information;
* Ensuring authorised funds are released prior to commitments being made
* Provision of reliable & consistent Estimate to Completion (ETC) and Expenditure (ACWP) based on Value of Work Done;
* Establish the Project Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) and participate in the preparation of cost studies utilising historical data.
* Developing benchmarking information to meet specific needs.
* Align Purchase Orders with CBS to give clarity of Cost Performance Indices at an appropriate level within the Project.
* Validate and interrogate supply chain data to assist in accurate cost forecasting and trending.
* Ensure quality of supply chain reporting and variance narrative including timeliness
* Understand the contract requirements and seek to improve if required (Works information).
* Responsible for monthly EAC reviews
* Assure contingency draw down is managed and projected and funds handed back at the earliest opportunity.
* Aim for EAC at P50 (ie forecast can be up or down)
* Drive forecast accuracy in forward forecast
* Update Lifetime costs. Slices for in period and year end will need to be taken and performance explained.
* Provide trended data to the Project Manager based on performance trends to date and emerging trends.
* Work with the supply chain Cost Engineers to support cost accuracy, variance understanding and reporting
* Tracking manpower productivity and analysing time booked to projects including resource usage vs. planned, resource constraints, etc. and make any relevant recommendations to the Project Manager;
* Working closely with Contractor assessing and Tracking contractor expenditure against progress;
* Ensure financial data reported reflects a 'true and fair' view (e.g. to ensure that ACWP and BCWP reflects a complete picture at any point in time);
* Authorise creation of new charge codes following approval of baseline and funding changes;
* Accurately apply charging practices to ensure costs are captured correctly in line with estimates;
* Ensure regular review and update of the project risk register is carried out.
* Facilitate reviews where necessary by coordinating risk meetings.
* Analyse project risks and impacts and make recommendations.
* Actively monitor progress with mitigation activities.
* Ensure information is fed into risk registers;
* Participate and contributing to Value Engineering Studies
* Ensure regular review of the project trend and issue logs.
* Preparation of project Baseline Change Proposals (BCP) and supporting information. Ensure information is routed into site / unit / project change control records;
* Capture of project value engineering records and maximise the subsequent efficiency savings proposed, including provision of auditable background evidence.
* Use estimate data to load budgets into baseline;
* Quantify cost implications of emergent / additional project work and feed into relevant documentation (e.g. change control documentation);
* Seek out and analyse relevant current and historical data to support robust cost estimating of activities;
* Compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments.
* Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
* As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery
Essential & Desirable Skills
* Significant experience within a relevant project environment
* Extensive experience of cost engineering or management accounting
* Demonstrable knowledge of Earned Value Management and reporting techniques
* Knowledge and experience in developing activity budgets and forecasts for complex projects
* Knowledge of relevant company policies and procedures
* Experience of identifying, analysing and solving problems
* Knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts and start up work processes
* Demonstrable knowledge of Risk Analysis
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us