|Job Ref:||204748265||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£50000 - £70000/annum pension, healthcare etc||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:23|
Principal Electrical Engineer - Birmingham|
About The Company:
Multi-Disciplinary Consultancy with 7,000 staff operating from 100 offices in 35 countries. As an employer of choice we undertake a wide range of high profile, technically demanding projects and have developed a reputation for technical excellence, innovation and project delivery.
Principal Electrical Engineer - The Role:
We currently have an exciting vacancy for a Principal Electrical Building Services Engineer to join the Birmingham based team. You will deliver and manage consultancy services to our current clients. This is a stimulating opportunity to work within a vibrant and experienced team, where you will have early responsibility and the chance to work with a prestigious group of clients.
You will have extensive experience of a range of projects from industrial and commercial clients. Project responsibility will be varied from inception of defining clients design brief`s to inspection/auditing, specification, design, and management of electrical equipment.
Principal Electrical Engineer - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expertise on a broad range of engineering projects. Extensive detailed design experience to RIBA plan of work (formerly stages C-F1)
- Experience in design of:
- Internal General and Emergency Lighting Calculations
- External Lighting Calculations
- General LV power system design
- Containment Systems
- Fire Detection and Alarm Systems (Incl. Voice Alarm)
- Security Design
- Lightning Protection Systems
- Facilities to comply with Approved Document M.
- Fundamental understanding and working knowledge of technical disciplines and the relevant current and draft standards and codes of practice including statutory legislation (eg CDM).
- Innovative, able to develop and implement concepts
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage and motivate a high performing design team.
- Proven experience in co-ordination of both Mechanical and Electrical systems in the Built Environment.
- Provide expertise and guidance to staff on electrical engineering projects in the Birmingham office
- Co-ordinate / mentor junior team members.
- Undertake inspections and production of condition survey reports, feasibility studies and concept definition reports.
- Prepare design calculations, drawings, studies, specifications and reports.
- Be aware of client needs and focus on client satisfaction.
- Ensure that all projects are undertaken in full accordance with corporate QMS procedures and that financial monitoring and control measures are implemented accordingly.
- Attend progress, design team and co-ordinator meetings & represent the practice in a professional and ethical manner at all times, taking the lead role where necessary.
- Contribute to the production of fee proposals and pre-qualification documents, particularly relate to electrical design content.
The role will be based in Birmingham. The applicant should be in possession of a full UK driver`s license and a current passport.
Principal Electrical Engineer - Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- BEng (Hons) or MEng in Building Services / Electrical Engineering
- Working towards or achieved Chartered Status (correct academic status or years served)
- Extensive post education experience.
- Experience in four or more of the following areas:
- Knowledge and practical experience of:
- Electrical Calculation Software
- Lighting Reality (Desirable)
- NBS (Engineering Services)
- Application of key M&E EU legislation
- Industrial Buildings
- Mission Critical Facilities
- Food and Beverage
- Ports or Maritime
- Facilities Management Orgs
- Design / Consultancy
Scantec is the 3rd Largest Technical Agency in UK - "Recruitment International Magazine 2015" and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don`t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website