|Job Ref:||204748204||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stockport||Address:||Post Code:||SK1||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum Bonus, Pension, Private Health||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:23|
* One of the world's leading independent engineering, project management and consultancy firms who are now taking on the role of Principle Contractor.
* The company was founded 94 years ago.
* 2000 employees (100 in the UK) with a presence in 100 countries.
* Focused on employee development.
* With the company taking on the role of Principle Contractor more and more they are looking to recruit a Commercial/ Cost Engineer to join their team.
* Working on Industrial Utility and Power Projects.
* You will advise on procurement strategy, contract management (including but not limited to NEC3, Blue & Red Book), managing pre-tender documents and tender analysis, Costing/ Cost Control, BOQs, advice on contractual claims & manage of such claims when acting for the client.
* Project lengths typically 3 - 10 months.
* Upgrade of plant, refurbishment or auxiliary plant buildings construction are typical projects being undertaken.
* 50/50 office and site based UK wide with 1 to 2 trips internationally per year.
The Ideal Person:
* Degree qualified ideally in Quantity Surveying.
* 3 - 7 years experience with QS and Cost Engineering experience.
* Ideally you will have worked on industrial utility or power projects.
* Experience with the full Microsoft suite.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target - On Target Recruitment is one of the UK's leading specialist recruitment agencies. Our consultants specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Medical, and Business Solutions sectors. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally