|Job Ref:||204748155||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Salary:||£60000 - £80000/annum car, pension, healthcare, bonus||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:23|
Advisory Group Director, Water Central|
My client is an independent, international, engineering and project management consultancy with over 130 years of experience. Their professionals deliver services in the fields of aviation, buildings, energy, industry, infrastructure, maritime, mining, transport, urban and rural planning, and water.
Advisory Group Director The Role:
My client are looking to recruit an Advisory Group Director to lead and develop the Water Central team based in Peterborough. You will be a member of the Business Unit management team, and are jointly responsible for the performance of the whole Business Unit.
As Advisory Group Director for Water Central, you will have overall responsibility for market, products and services, results and quality, client satisfaction and staff. Leading the Advisory Group in terms of staff and day-to-day management combined with the responsibilities of sales, project delivery and technical expertise (i.e. direct fee earning business). It is generally expected that the Advisory Group Director will average 30% fee earning business.
The role is based in the Peterborough office but does require regular travel across the UK to other offices or overseas occasionally.
Advisory Group Director - You will be responsible for the following:
- Strategic leadership
- Financial controls
- Internal operations/ business processes
- Projects/ Proposals
- Clients/ Markets
- People Management
Advisory Group Director - Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall leadership in the development and implementation of the Strategic objectives of the AG and overall responsibility for AG activities
- Responsible for the development and execution of annual operational plan of AG, contribution to BU and BL strategic plans
- Cooperation with the Business Line Management team in the delivery of BL Vision and Strategy
- Manage change within the AG - ensuring engagement with new processes and procedures
- Responsible for developing and achieving business plan/annual (or budgeted)
- targets in revenue, added value and operating profit for the advisory group (if
- BL chooses to manage P&L on AG level)
- Responsible for the overall profitability of the AG
- Responsible for achieving working capital management targets and cash flow
- for the advisory group
- Management and responsibility of overhead budget
- Responsible for monthly fee forecasts
Internal operations/ business processes
- Responsible for implementation of business integrity management and communication
- Compliance of AG activities with company procedures and business line guidelines, including QHSE, CRM, Training and Development, Risk Management.
- Responsible for successful project delivery
- Act as project director where project director is not appointed
- Proactively manage preparation and commercial review of proposals in line with business authorisation matrix
- Maintaining a visible pipeline of work.
- Responsible for order and sales portfolio of AG
- Proactive management of opportunities and leads, close coordination with business development director
- Ensure all activities (client contacts, proposals and leads) are recorded on CRM
- Building an environment & culture where individuals and the business can thrive
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Staff resourcing management across AG and BL borders to ensure maximum utilisation
- Team formation to fit market requirements, succession planning, recruitment etc.
- Staff development through 70/20/10 model
- Overall responsibility for HR staff issues within AG
- Responsible for communicating and enhancing business line and group strategy information to staff in appropriate formats
Advisory Group Director - Key Requirements:
- Strong market and industry knowledge and presence
- Experience within public and private sector, in relation to flood resilience, environmental management and / or planning & development.
- Proven track record in leading large multidisciplinary teams, driving change programmes and achieving results
- Experience of managing a Profit & Loss
- Strong commercial acumen and judgement
- Experience of working with joint ventures / major partnering agreements and suppliers
- Experience of being part of a management team
- Degree level qualification in a relevant subject
- Hold relevant professional Chartership
- Foreign language skills
- International Experience
Scantec is the 3rd Largest Technical Agency in UK - "Recruitment International Magazine 2015" and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don`t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website