|Job Ref:||204748101||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Code:||SG1||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:23|
What`s the opportunity?|
An exciting opportunity has arisen in a rapidly evolving international team with increasing capabilities. The Navigation Sensors Group is responsible for the specification and assessment of inertial and satellite navigation equipment for MBDA. Each member of the team performs a range of tasks and engages regularly with other areas of the business, external suppliers and customers. As part of a growing team with abundant opportunities, you will be a key contributor to our continued success.
What will you be doing?
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with a variety of inertial sensor technologies, including; MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems), VBA (Vibrating Beam Accelerometers) and RLG (Ring Laser Gyros). Your key responsibilities will include specification, assessment and management of Inertial Measuring Unit (IMU) products to support development, production and in-service programmes via interaction with UK and European colleagues and suppliers.
In addition to this primary role, a variety of other experiences are available, including;
- Acting as Sub-System Lead and/or ERA (Equipment Requirement Authority)/Project Engineer for one or more key programmes,
- Development, procurement, parameterisation, verification and/or validation of complex hardware performance models
- Monitoring supplier and technology roadmaps and identifying cutting edge and future technologies for investment
- Providing technical expertise in design reviews and other forums
- Attending internal and external international workshops and conferences
- Supporting inertial equipment assessment trials in conjunction with French colleagues
- Undertaking research and design activities in conjunction with French, Italian and/or German colleagues
- Supporting and managing the growth and improvement of existing and future test facilities
- Specifying, assessing and managing the procurement of GNSS sensor systems, including receivers, antennas and interference mitigation systems such as digital nulling or beam-steering antenna electronics units
- Performing GNSS receiver and anti-jam equipment trials using a SPIRENT simulator, anechoic chamber or field trials
What are the benefits?
- Varied work with a range of opportunities to support your professional development
- Development of inertial expertise & opportunity to cultivate/improve knowledge of satellite & other aiding navigation technologies
- Involvement in the strategic growth of a rapidly evolving team
- Collaborative international working
- UK-wide & European travel
What`s great about joining this team?
You will be joining a growing team with both the motivation to excel and a good sense of humour! You will have the opportunity to apply your experience and enthusiasm for inertial and aiding navigation sensor technologies to support the development and production of some of the most advanced missile systems in the world.
What we are looking for from you?
- Qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience of inertial sensors and systems, including MEMS and Ring Laser Giros
- Experience of technical sub-contractor management
- Experience with good engineering practices, such as requirements definition, design certification & validation, and configuration control
- Ability to motivate self to achieve demanding and evolving tasks while maintaining a calm professional manner
- Flexible, "can do" attitude, enthusiasm and a willingness to get involved
- Initiative to lead tasks and work independently when required
- Background in Electronics
- Appreciation of system design & integration challenges
- Experience with configuration and requirements management tools such as TeamCenter PLM and DOORS
- Modelling skills including proficiency with tools such as MATLAB and/or Simulink
- Knowledge of satellite navigation sensors and systems and/or other inertial navigation aiding technologies
- French language & cultural awareness
- Project and work package management
Why should you come and work at MBDA?
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe`s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What would you get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)