|Job Ref:||204747615||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:23|
Mott MacDonald have an exciting and rare opportunity within our Sheffield office. We are|
seeking a principal bridge engineer to join our established team. If you are an ambitious engineer, enjoy working on a variety of project types and mentoring junior staff, then this is the role for you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture
As an experienced principal bridge engineer, you will initially be involved on a range of small to large bridge projects which are industry and publicly high profile. The role will be challenging, demanding, varied and offer fantastic opportunities for skill set and career development.
You will be required to work autonomously and within a growing team carrying out bridge feasibility works, design, assessment and strengthening depending upon project requirements. You will also be required to manage projects to programme and cost.
Further attributes of these roles will entail:
- Experience of managing all aspects of assigned project work
- Leading design teams throughout all phases of project, from bidding to completion
- Assisting with business development and winning work
- Working on a range of both road and rail bridge commissions
We are looking for a principal bridge engineer. Candidates will be experienced and have a personal interest in bridge engineering which will be utilised in a broad range of engineering projects.
- Experience of a range of bridge engineering solutions
- CEng, MICE or similar
- Competency with both highways and national rail (NR) design standards including Euro Codes
- Experience in designing steel composite, concrete and steel bridges
- Ability to lead and mentor graduates
- A strong technical focus
- Strong IT skills, Midas experience would be beneficial although similar analysis packages will be considered
- Capability to work to deadlines and work autonomously when required