|Job Ref:||204747497||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Buckingham||Address:||Post Code:||MK18||Salary:||£32000 - £36000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:23|
Our client, a Tier 1 automotive supplier of high technology LED exterior lighting products is currently looking for a Process/Manufacturing Engineer to join their team in Buckingham. |
The selected candidate will develop, configure and optimize industrial processes from inception through to start up and certification.
* Resolution of technical issues relating to your area of responsibility.
* Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output.
* To develop / improve manufacturing processes & quality control measures.
* To proactively manage continuous improvement of the plant and process to ensure cost, quality and output targets are achieved.
* Actively support and/or run continuous improvement activities in the manufacturing area.
* To manage changes through the recognised change process to support business unit KPI's.
* To work with suppliers to improve process and ensure that their activities comply with SMT's requirements.
* Review and maintain MRP/ERP data.
* To ensure safe working practices are in place, documented and adhered to utilising PFMEA's, documentation, training, risk assessments and auditing of personnel.
* Introduce new products / processes into production through in-depth involvement with PLM to ensure they are robust and repeatable.
* Perform Risk Assessments
* Maintain and strive to improve housekeeping standards through the use of the 5S approach
* Seek out opportunities for cost reduction and champion the implementation of such measures.
Responsible for the implementation of TPM and OEE to improve efficiency and productivity.
* Training of process / manufacturing employees and operatives in new equipment and new processes.
Experience and Qualifications
* Degree in Engineering, HNC/HND or relevant experience.
* Experience of Process / Production engineering in a manufacturing environment.
* Ability to understand and deploy process control techniques.
* T.M.S or M.T.M work measurement.
* Cad or AutoCad
* Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
* Be aware or familiar with modern process / manufacturing philosophies.
* Ability to manage projects in a manufacturing environment.
* Able to perform research and/or process development and/or product development in a manufacturing environment.
* Ability to conduct supplier development and support and conduct supplier audits.
* Able to effectively manage workload and prioritise workload.
* Able to create and manage process development and other project plans.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Able to work inclusively in a team environment.
* Demonstrable problem solving skills.
* Meticulous, with excellent attention to detail.
Quality:Adherence to project procedures and documentation requirements.
Cost:Achieve or improve on budgeted cycle times.
Delivery:Project milestones are met on time and within budget.
People:Personal development and training against appraisal matrix.
Health & safety:Achievement against audits.
Housekeeping:Review current process and propose improvements in cost and performance
If you would like to work with one of the most prestigious manufacturers of external automotive lighting, and believe you would be a good fit, please provide an up to date copy of your CV and one of our consultants will be in touch to discuss your application