|Job Ref:||204747468||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Code:||SG1||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:23|
A new opportunity has arisen in the Operational Analysis (OA) sector of Future Systems and we are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, innovative analyst to participate in, and potentially lead, a wide range of analytical studies.
Operational analysis is conducted early in the product lifecycle to help shape MBDA`s future products, at both system and portfolio level. The team also provides OA support to export campaigns, including competitor product analysis. Every task is different, and we use a wide range of tools and techniques including 'soft` analytical methods, problem structuring, wargames and mathematical modelling, as well as a number of MBDA developed 'battle models`.
- Analysing complex information (quantitative or qualitative) and drawing conclusions
- Setting up and running a number of different " battle model" simulations
- Developing simple mathematical models (typically in spreadsheets or MATLAB)
- Selecting and developing new methods / approaches that are 'fit for purpose`
- Developing tactical vignettes and operational scenarios
- Understanding military tactics, doctrine and concepts of employment, and proposing developments of these for new products
- Preparing results and conclusions in a way which can be easily understood by a wide range of stakeholders
- Writing reports, giving presentations, facilitating workshops
- Liaising with internal and external customers
- Planning, estimating & reporting associated with the task e.g. preparing a statement of work or proposal
What`s in it for you?
- Varied, interesting and challenging work
- Opportunity to broaden your existing knowledge of defence equipment and how it is operated
- Understanding what the future operating environment might be like
- Using your knowledge and expertise to help inform senior decision makers
- Opportunity to develop within the discipline
- Opportunity to develop your analytical skills
What`s great about the team?
- As part of the Operational Analysis sector within Future Systems you will be working in a dynamic, forward looking and international environment
- We have a wide range of internal customers, which provides a high level view of the business and lots of variety. Tasks are relatively short duration and we often have to respond at short notice.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally a degree level qualification or equivalent in an engineering or science based subject
- Basic understanding of physical principles associated with weapon systems
- Able to critically analyse information, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Flexible, enthusiastic and innovative problem solver / thinker
- Enquiring mind, resourceful, pro-active, able to work with large amounts of information
- Able to see and understand the 'big picture` as well as keeping track of the detail
- Able to prepare concise reports and presentations
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment where priorities can quickly change and information may be immature
- Awareness and practical experience of a range of OA techniques
- Mathematical modelling experience
- Broad knowledge of military systems and how they are employed
What would you get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)