|Job Ref:||204747450||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Code:||SG1||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:23|
An opportunity has arisen for an engineer to exploit their system and safety engineering skills to influence the safety aspects of technically complex and challenging products. While exploring the boundaries of best practice, this will involve optimising the effort devoted to safety assurance, with the goal of balancing safety against the inherently lethal attributes required of weapon systems.
- In this role you will need to balance time and cost constraints to ensure that a safety case, comprising appropriate evidence, is constructed.
- To do this, you will need to understand the system and its operating context, so that you can decide what type of evidence will most cost-effectively mitigate them to the customer`s satisfaction.
- This will involve exploiting a range of techniques and approaches.
What`s in it for you?
- Alongside core engineering projects you will also have the opportunity to conduct internally funded research packages.
- A variety in project work that will enable you to apply the breadth of your system safety engineering skillset and experience and develop a deep understanding of the technologies involved.
- You will also have the opportunity to work internationally.
- MBDA also offers a comprehensive learning and development programme to enable the development of skills that support both technical delivery and broader professional development.
What`s great about the team?
- You will be joining a team with a strong pedigree in the delivery of safety engineering, in a company with an excellent safety culture.
- You will have the opportunity to share in that experience and contribute to our learning as we continue to develop our approaches and techniques.
- You will be able to influence systems as they develop from concept to delivery and gain first-hand experience of working with military customers.
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrable knowledge of, and experience in, the application of UK and International system engineering processes, particularly in safety-related systems, and safety assessment processes.
- Thorough understanding and experience of how the hazard analysis process integrates with the system engineering process to influence the design.
- Ability to deliver supporting information (Safety Case Reports, Hazard Analysis, Functional Failure Analysis, FTA, etc).
- Good verbal and written communications.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary / multi-national team.
- Detail engineering experience (design, software, manufacture, etc.) is desirable.
What you would get
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)