|Job Ref:||204747397||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Code:||SG1||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:24|
To work within the growing Airborne Systems Integration organisation to deliver integration of complex MBDA weapons onto fixed wing and rotary platforms for both UK and Export customers.
- Planning and delivering the integration of complex MBDA air-launched weapon systems onto a wide range of fixed wing and rotary platforms
- Producing and agreeing the Interface Control Document with the platform design authority
- Working with a range specialist matter experts both within MBDA and externally
- Planning and delivery of a wide range of trials and tests associated with aircraft integration
- Supporting Design Certification. Production of Design Verification Plans and Certificates of Design
What`s in it for you?
- You will be working in a focused team that delivers a weapons integration programme working closely with specialists both within both MBDA and the platform provider
- This is an opportunity for someone with good knowledge of aircraft systems or weapon systems integration to utilise this within MBDA whilst increasing their knowledge and experience across a broad range of disciplines
- The roles will have both office based and field based elements
- The roles will involve travel within the UK and potentially overseas
What`s great about the team?
- The Airborne Systems Integration team is growing fast providing an exciting and dynamic environment that is focused on delivering the needs of our customers
- There will be opportunities to work on a whole range of MBDA air-launched products together with UK and Export platform design authorities.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in the defence section in integration of systems onto fixed wing or rotary platforms
- Knowledge of Mil-Std-1760 and Def Stan 1553 highly desirable
- Experience in producing aircraft Interface Control Documents
- An appropriate Engineering Degree or Masters (or equivalent) OR HNC/HND level (or equivalent).
- Good verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Practical knowledge of basic systems engineering principles and processes.
- Pro-active and be capable of working on their own initiative with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to work in a complex multi-stakeholder environment
- Ability to lead a technical team
- Ability to undertake complex technical negotiations with a high degree of autonomy
What would you get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)