|Job Ref:||204747386||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Gosport||Address:||Post Code:||PO12||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum pension, 30 days holiday||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:24|
Electrical Fitter - Gosport|
A skilled day based Electrical Fitter craftsperson responsible for their own quality of maintenance, service and repair of plant within the OFD Network. The opportunity is to work on a prestigious Naval base in Gosport working on the Fuel Depots.
Electrical Fitter Person Specification:
- Comply with The fundamental Principles of the Agency
- Commitment to site and regulatory health, safety and environmental practices
- Fully familiar with "permit to work" system, and isolation procedures.
- Comply /Adopt with COSSH and Risk Assessment
- Operates with some direct supervision.
- Is -skilled so can perform the following tasks competently and safely:
a) The full range of Electrical Tasks including PAT Testing, maintenance of LV distribution systems including small power and lighting, emergency lighting and fire alarm systems.
- GCE/GCSE level or equivalent in Maths, Physics and English
- Externally accredited qualifications at Engineering Craft/Technician level, e.g. NVQ3 Modern Apprenticeship/ C&G Apprenticeship/ONC Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
- Appreciation of COMPEX / DSEAR and City and Guilds BS7671 regulations
- Understanding of Isolation (Electrical/ Mechanical) procedures
- Understanding of Earthing / Cathodic protection testing
- Basic hand - fitting skills
- Capable of reading and working to engineering drawings and specifications
- Ideally should have some appreciation of working in COMAH related environments
- Experience of working with CMMS or similar maintenance workflow process.
- Computer literate and be able to work with MS Office and Lotus Notes, Agility, KMI. etc.
- Good communication skills, problem solving and team- working skills.
- Successfully completed the associated competencies which are related to the individuals trade/ area of work and are highlighted on the Mechanical skills matrix and Mechanical Competency Profile (ref doc).
Scantec is the 3rd Largest Technical Agency in UK - "Recruitment International Magazine 2015" and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don`t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website