|Job Ref:||204747378||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol Avon||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:24|
We are a world leader in missile and missile systems development looking for a highly capable and adaptable Software Project Leader. MBDA produce some of the most advanced missile systems in the world - we are looking for a software engineer to work with us to develop the next generation of products whist maintaining our enviable reputation for safety, performance and dependability.
- The role is based at our Bristol development facility. You will be leading the delivery of missile subsystem software into both the UK and the wider, international MBDA product portfolio.
- This is a senior technical role in which you will have responsibility for ensuring that delivered software products meet their technical, time, cost and quality requirements.
- You will provide technical direction, project management and leadership to the missile subsystem team - necessitating excellent communication, planning and motivating skills.
- You will be required to report to the Head of Weapon System Sub-system and Software Requirements Authority against the teams work programmes, including analysis of risk, and trade-offs to ensure the team delivers its accountabilities.
What`s in it for you?
- This is a great role for someone with a passion for software and its successful deployment in modern systems. You will be working with technologies at the forefront of European missile systems design, supporting the development of safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on.
- Many of the methods and tools we use in this domain are the result of strong international collaboration, and consequently there may be the opportunity to work with colleagues, both within the UK and at our development sites in France and Italy.
- We offer a supportive working environment with the opportunity to develop your skills across a diverse range of products and technologies
What`s great about the team?
- You will be joining and leading a team that continues to develop software used in the most advanced missile systems in the world. We apply small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems - you will be working with a talented group of experienced software, systems and electronics engineers.
What are we looking for?
- You will have excellent leadership and communication skills.
- You will ideally have a degree in an engineering, science or maths discipline combined with significant experience in the development of product software.
- You will favour a collaborative, open approach to development and have the ability to inspire others in order to reach, or exceed common goals and objectives. The software that you develop will be used across multiple products and sites, so strong communication skills and the ability to motivate and -influence others is essential.
- Ideally, you will have extensive experience delivering software developments successfully and demonstrate a high level of technical competency in the field of software engineering.
- We invite applications from people who have experience gained from working in defence, automotive, aerospace or consumer electronics sectors. Similarly, applications are invited from those currently working in small/medium-sized enterprises where there is a strong culture of consistency applied in a lightweight manner.
- It is desirable that you are able to achieve DV level security clearance.
What would you get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)