|Job Ref:||204747361||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Post Code:||EH3||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:24|
Senior Civil Engineer - Edinburgh |
My client is an international, engineering and project management consultancy that delivers services in the fields of aviation, buildings, energy, industry, infrastructure, maritime, mining and water. They work for public and private clients in more than 130 countries delivering engineering and environmental solutions.
Senior Civil Engineer - The Role:
Reporting to the AD, the role is expected to contribute to the delivery of increased turnover within public and private sector markets in Scotland. This role will be expected to support on the technical delivery of workload across the UK as required. A key aspect of the role will be to contribute to the growth and development of the water`s edge and flood and coastal risk management business across the UK with a focus on Scotland.
Senior Civil Engineer - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Competent to manage projects up to a value of £500k;
- Excel in the knowledge and delivery of fluvial and coastal engineering projects and in nature driven design with an expected fee earning utilisation of 80%;
- Bring engineering expertise and market knowledge to generate sales in both the public and private sectors with a focus within Scotland;
- Maintain and build on relationships with new and existing clients;
- Contribute to regional business development including working with our staff in other business lines with a particular emphasis on major projects, private sector business, contractors and frameworks;
- Manage, coordinate and deliver tenders;
- Support the growth and development of the team including mentoring of junior engineering staff;
- Promote the team internally and externally; and
- Be flexible to travel around a number of UK and international locations.
Senior Civil Engineer - Key Requirements:
- Bachelors or Master`s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Chartered Engineer via ICE or CIWEM or in the process of applying for Chartered status
- Knowledge and practical experience of Scottish policy and procedures
- Working knowledge of NEC3 contract management
- Site supervision experience of fluvial and coastal projects
- Awareness of civil engineering industry procedures and best practice
- Awareness of application of hydrology and hydraulic modelling
- Excellent commercial understanding and technical track record
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits including a contributory pension, discretionary company bonus, Health and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy.
Scantec is the 3rd Largest Technical Agency in UK - "Recruitment International Magazine 2015" and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don`t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website