|Job Ref:||204747355||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Code:||SG1||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:24|
We are looking for a very capable Embedded Software developer to help us develop low level and application software for the next generation of advanced missile systems. MBDA produce some of the most advanced missile systems in the world - we are looking for a software engineer to work with us to develop the next generation of products whilst maintaining our enviable reputation for safety, performance and dependability.
- The role is based at our Stevenage development facility. You will be developing the low level and application software for a range of missile related systems and product lines, initially focusing on Datalinks and Telemetry Subsystems.
- The Datalink products are bespoke, complex radio systems that provide the communication link between the missile in flight and the launch platform, which could be Ground, Sea or Air.
- The Telemetry units are a different type of bespoke radio system which allows the remote capture of performance data from the missile during test firings.
- This is a hands-on, technical role - you will be designing and developing low level and application software and integrating it on bespoke hardware. You may be involved in the hardware bring-up phase, and it would be advantageous to know your way around logic analysers, oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers and JTAG / trace modules.
What`s in it for you?
- This is a great role for somebody with a passion for embedded software, electronics and radio systems. You will be working with technology that is at the forefront of European missile system design, helping to develop safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on.
- Many of our products and components are used internationally, so there may be the opportunity to travel both within the UK and to our sites in Paris and Rome.
- We offer a relaxed working environment and the opportunity to develop your skills across a wide range of products and technologies.
What`s great about the team?
- You will be joining a team that continues to develop the software that drives some of the most advanced missile systems in the world.
- We apply small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems - you will be working with a talented group of experienced software, systems and electronics engineers on some very interesting products.
What are we looking for?
- You will ideally have a good degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electronics combined with significant experience in the development of low-level and application software for novel hardware. You will have some experience in bringing up new hardware implementations and will be comfortable working with Electronics engineers in a lab environment to debug new designs. It is likely that your experience was gained in defence, automotive, aerospace, telecoms or consumer electronics.
- You will favour a collaborative open approach to development and have the ability to inspire others whilst also maintaining momentum throughout development. The software you develop will be used across multiple products at several sites, so strong communication skills and the ability to motivate others is essential.
- You will have significant previous experience with Ada and Embedded C and/or C++. You will have a good understanding of ARM and PowerPC platforms together with other digital hardware.
- You will have demonstrable experience developing software for (and getting it to work on) new hardware, where the hardware is developing alongside the software.
- You will have some experience in model-based development, using UML and tools such as IBM Rhapsody.
- Background in software safety with knowledge of standards such as DO-178B/C, DefStan 00-55 or IEC-61508 and restricted coding standards such as MISRA / SPARK will be an advantage.
What would you get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)