|Job Ref:||204747197||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Pontypridd||Address:||Post Code:||CF37||Salary:||£14.50 - £16.50/hour||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:24|
Our client is looking to recruit a Commercial Gas Engineer, who will report to the Maintenance Manager. |
The successful candidate will undertake gas servicing, repairs, testing, heating installation and maintenance work on the University Campuses in Pontypridd (Treforest and Glyntaff).
* Undertake gas servicing, repairs, testing, installation and maintenance work on both domestic boilers within onsite student accommodation and commercial boilers in the main campus plant rooms.
* Carry out annual gas services to appliances in accordance to manufacturers and Gas Industry Standards.
* Carry out the installation and commissioning of domestic and commercial appliances in accordance with industry standards and manufacturers recommendations.
* Respond to daily appointments to ensure all repairs are carried out within target dates and times.
* Respond to required emergency situation.
* Adhere at all times to Health and Safety policies.
* Conduct work in accordance with current legislation, British Standards, Codes of Practice, safe systems of work and recognised industrial standards for such work, minimising damage to the fabric of the property.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Holds industry relevant qualifications (i.e. NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent, COCN1, CCN1, CPA1, CEN1,HTR1, WAT1, CKR1).
* Plumbing experience.
* Commercial experience.
* Familiarity with all trade related paperwork.
* Confident oral and written communicator.
* Ability to plan, prioritise and effectively manage time in order to work to deadlines.
* Have a flexible approach to work and be willing to undertake a wide variety of duties.
* Have a logical and methodical approach to problem solving and fault diagnosis.
* Willing and able to work as part of a team and independently.
* Preferably all applicants will have their own Gas Safe Registration but not essential.
This role is a temporary position, the duration is expected to be for 3 months (sickness cover) with a possible extention.
For more information please contact Gareth Taylor on (Apply online only) or apply on-line