|Job Ref:||2016-12537||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||Australia||County/State:||Australian Antarctic Territory||City:||Sydney||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 05:02|
Job ID: 2016-12537
Area of Interest: EN
Job Type: Contract
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Diploma
Posted Date: 10/6/2016
Golder Associates Pty Ltd is a multi-national consulting firm specialising in ground engineering and environmental services.
We are currently seeking an experienced Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Analyst to work within our busy Sydney office on a 12 month contract. This position is for an immediate start.
Our team provides GIS support across multi disciplines including Environmental, Geotechnical, Design and Hydrogeology groups so this is your chance to get exposure to a wide variety of projects, including some major infrastructure projects.
You will be responsible for ensuring successful completion of projects in accordance with project time and quality objectives and you will be providing your technical expertise to both internal and external clients.
* Provide high-level GIS support and expertise to internal and external environmental, geotechnical and hydrological engineering projects including preparation of maps and geospatial analysis using GIS software
* Data management for contamination and geotechnical projects using commercial database packages
* Develop, promote and implement Information Management best practices
* Assist in development of proposal and report content as required
Tertiary education in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), or demonstrated equivalent experience
* Strong experience using ESRI ArcGIS Desktop and extensions (3D Analyst and/or Spatial Analyst), for both cartographic and analytical purposes
* Data management experience using Esdat, Equis or other SQL / Access based data management software
* Exposure to contaminated land projects and knowledge of chemistry data
* Experience designing and implementing mobile GIS solutions will be considered an asset
* Highly motivated to provide innovative products with an ability to work independently
* Experience working in a consulting environment will be considered advantageous
* Experience with scripting and/or programming will be considered an asset
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From more than 165 offices worldwide, our over 6,500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Our Staff Benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
* Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
* Corporate fitness programs and subsidised gym memberships
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Interested in this opportunity? Would you like to update your resume/CV first? Click here and login at the bottom of the screen.
Back to Start Page
Software Powered by iCIMS