|Job Ref:||GAR16-5902||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Garland||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 05:11|
Directs financial activities of the organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors: the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements, pricing actions, and the safeguarding of assets. Maintain financial integrity through the formulation, preparation and execution of accounting procedures and controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Direct the following functions for the Garland business unit:
• Establishes, or recommends to management, major economic strategies, objectives, and policies for company.
• Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position for all key financials to include Orders, Sales, Earnings, Cash, OWC and ROIC.
• Directs preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
• Provides management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
• Coordinates with GD OTS all actions regarding cash flow to include Bank Guarantees, Letters of Credit, Hedging, and financing activities.
• Reviews and prepares financial portion of major and/or multi-year proposals.
• Responsible for SOX compliance.
• Cost accounting for domestic and international contracts.
• Inventory accounting and control
• Monthly financial forecasts
• Reviews and updates of operating unit disclosure statement
• Prepare, review and update operating unit forward pricing rate proposals
• Property accounting and asset management
• Supports OTS requirements and ad hoc requests.
Interface with Business Unit Management regarding financial results and forecasts. Provide advice regarding
actions required, strategies to be followed; identify variances and problem areas. Insure proper charging of costs, collection of costs and cost impacts by contract to maximize profitability.
Evaluate and modify accounting systems and reporting schemes to meet the requirements of the operation, division, corporate management, government agencies and independent auditors.
Monitor and analyze segment cash flow to insure timely receipts, and optimize overall cash flow through the constant review and modification of the payment process, and through interaction with Prime Contractors and the Government payment organization.
Oversee accounting for contract costs. Insure proper recording by contract, as well as appropriate contract valuation via the identification and maintenance or proper controls.
Insure compliance of operations accounting practices and procedures with government regulations, including CAS standards and FAR regulations. Coordinate audits of actual and proposed cost data, progress billings, accounting and estimating system audits, and the preparation of rate proposals.
Insure operating unit cost allocation methods support overall Division objectives and are compliant with FAR, CAS, and operating unit disclosure statement. Insure that progress billings and public vouchers are developed timely, accurately and in compliance with FAR and CAS.
Prepare and analyze all pricing activity for Business Unit. Insure complete, accurate, consistent, and audible pricing including back-up files. Prepare presentations for review with Management. Provide financial analysis necessary to support pricing decisions and procurement decisions.
• Reports to the location General Manager.
• Manages and develops subordinate supervisors and individual contributors in Accounting / Finance.
• Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this business unit.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Conducts business dealings with effective communication and transparency.
• 10-15 years' experience in a related field (Accounting/Finance)
• Management experience
• Position requires working knowledge of FAR, CAS, FASB, GAAP; DCAA audit policies and procedures, corporate policies and procedures
• Maintain a knowledge of related disciplines and functions involved in the SBU operations such as production, program management, engineering, quality management
• Provide guidance to other Company organizations or groups concerning the Federal Acquisition Process and/or finance activities
• Interprets standards and regulation and makes recommendations as they apply to an associated professional area.
Excellent communication skills, ability to lead and manage subordinate supervisors.
10-15 years, minimum of 5 Years supervisory experience.