|Job Ref:||STL-LF-16-19195||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United States||County/State:||Michigan||City:||Detroit||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 05:11|
This position augments a team from Engineering Product Lifecycle Management (EPLM) responsible for reviewing drawings and models to perform Change Analyst TDP incorporation tasks in Configuration Control.|
The successful candidate will perform initial and final CAD Model / drawing review for compliance against functional, format and parameter requirements in Teamcenter. Candidate will also perform the Configuration Control process of reviewing, releasing and incorporating Change Requests into EPLM CM tools and databases.
Candidate must have a verifiable reputation for integrating and consistently performing well within a team / organization (exhibits positive attitude, provides value added support, work is accurate and completed on schedule)
Detailed responsibilities include:
• Review CAD models / drawings (Configuration Items) in Teamcenter and disposition the artifact based on established EPLM check list criteria.
• Document the disposition of the Configuration Items in departmental database
• Apply Model Centric techniques in the review of major military vehicle systems and components primarily consisting of heavy structures, castings, forgings, weldments, sheet metal, routed systems and precision mechanical mechanisms
• Perform the Configuration Control process of reviewing, releasing and incorporating Change Requests into Teamcenter / CMstat and other EPLM databases
• Learn and perform the duties and responsibilities of classifying GDLS and GDLS-C parts, assemblies and technical documents per Export Administration Regulations criteria
• Disposition parts classification information in Oracle
• Support EPLM continuous process improvement for ISO and CMMI compliance
• Compile and present WSBM metrics and performance data using Microsoft Office Products at departmental / team meetings
This is a position in which attention to detail, accuracy, quality of work and output to meet performance schedules is an absolute must. Successful candidates shall be familiar with drawings, CAD models, specifications and other technical artifacts
The successful candidate should be able to:
• Understand and apply Engineering Drawing Practices (MIL-STD-100 and ASME Y14.100) as guides in reviewing and releasing Configuration Items
• Perform duties and tasks with high quality results without exception or excuse under pressure as required by product release schedules
• Must be able to demonstrate a commitment to deliver high customer satisfaction
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Powerpoint and word)
• May require applying for and securing a USG issued CAC card to access and load GDLS artifacts into customer Windchill
• Experience classifying Configuration Items for Export Administration Regulations is a plus
• Experience designing parts / assemblies in CAD is a plus
• Associates Degree in the aforementioned disciplines is preferred in lieu of experience
General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS), headquartered in Sterling Heights, Michigan is a wholly-owned business unit of General Dynamics Corporation's (NYSE:GD) Combat Systems group and is a global leader in the design, development, production, support and enhancement of tracked and wheeled military vehicles. GDLS has a 70-year defense heritage of providing a full spectrum of high quality, technically superior, high value products and services to the United States and its Allies and demonstrates the leadership, financial resources, technology and strength of more than 7500 employees who are dedicated to making the Company the World's preferred supplier of land vehicles and weapons systems. This dedication assures every shareholder, customer and the nation that the name General Dynamics will always mean Strength on Your Side.
At the heart of Land Systems' military-vehicle platforms is the Abrams main battle tank and the family of Stryker and LAV wheeled combat vehicles. These key ground-force assets remain critical to the military's structure and offer continuing opportunities for modernization and enhancements that meet the Warfighter's evolving requirements while increasing troop safety and effectiveness.
Detroit area locations house engineering, design and development, customer service and support, systems integration laboratories, and staff support functions. The Sterling Logistics and Engineering Center provides training and logistics support to customers around the world.
General Dynamics Land Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.