Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||40348660||Employer:||BHP Billiton||Industry:||Mining||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Australia||County/State:||Western Australia||City:||Western Australia||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 21:04|
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world's leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company's operations currently involve an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Superintendent Signals & Communications, within the Track & Signals team your duties and responsibilities will include:
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development
- Management, escalation and resolution of safety and environmental events
- As a Section 22 Appointed Person, you are required to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Rail Safety Act and Regulations in accordance with your appointment.
- Setting an leading example of step up behaviour, by developing staff, managing risk, problem solving and achieving results
- Building the team by using people's strengths and experience, sharing information and encouraging different points of view
- Conducting engaging team meetings, creating an environment where it safe to speak-up
- Analysing equipment failure trends and recommending replacement of signalling equipment and / or components
- Assist with planning of signal maintenance and support work
- Ensuring work and maintenance on the signalling systems are conducted in accordance with BHPBIO policy, procedures and standards
- Respond to signalling failures on the BHP Billiton rail network
- Preparing, updating and reviewing signalling documents and procedures
- Responsible for signalling infrastructure around the Newman, Yandi and MAC areas.
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Qualifications at a trade certificate level in the Railroad Signaling Communications / Electronics Technical fields - advantageous
- Minimum of C class manual drivers licence
- Experience gained within rail will be essential, signalling experience would be beneficial
- Equipment familiarity; GE equipment, coded track circuits, Automatic Train Protection, Train control systems, Grade Predictor flash light crossings and telemetry systems both radio & fibre
- Proven commitment to safety
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong focus on employee engagement
- Demonstrated ability to plan work, allocate resources and monitor progress
With this role you have the choice of either being residentially based in Newman or fly-in fly-out from Perth to Newman and Yandi on a 8/6 roster. The 7,000 strong population of Newman enjoys well-established town facilities including a newly revitalised town centre and sporting facilities. As a gateway to the Karijini national park, you will be in close proximity to spectacular gorges, water courses and stunningly unique landscapes.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: flexible working arrangements, incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, 18 weeks paid maternity leave, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number - 40348660
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.