Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||40345618||Employer:||BHP Billiton||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Australia||County/State:||Western Australia||City:||Western Australia||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 21:04|
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world's leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company's operations comprise of an integrated system of seven inland mines, over 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
As an integral part of BHP Billiton Iron Ore's Community function, the Specialists Community Engagement role leads a number of identified projects and programmes that drive Iron Ore's long term social license to operate. This includes the identification, development and implementation of individual projects and initiatives aligned to set strategies and key stakeholder engagement and management. An important component of this role is stakeholder engagement to increase the visibility of the business to community stakeholders through attending external events and functions and to promote the businesses approach to investments in the Pilbara and conversely, to understand local community issues.
Based in Newman, your core accountabilities shall also include:
- An overriding commitment to community development principles, health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
- Develop and manage key projects in Newman, including the Community Grants Program.
- Commercial and project management capacity to execute projects at arm's length through partnerships, joint ventures and commercial contracts.
- Support the defined community development management plan and stakeholder management plan in Newman, in order to meet business needs - including attraction and retention, education to employment pipeline, positive legacy, and reputation.
- Ensure defined local community development programs are aligned to strategy and drive identified metrics/outcomes.
- Develop and maintain effective networks with key external stakeholders in order to ensure effective influencing strategies to support the business.
- Compliment and support Community Development and Indigenous Affairs strategies across the function and play a key role in the development of aligned strategies.
- Understand the political and social climate of the communities and regions in which BHP Billiton Iron Ore operates.
- Build internal and external awareness and engagement in the Community Development program.
Skills and Experience
Your exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, professional systematic approach and advanced multi-tasking capabilities are critical success factors to this role. With tertiary qualification (preferable) in a related discipline, you will enjoy working to tight deadlines and possess well developed skills in building strong networks of external and internal relationships.
The ideal applicant will also have a strong background in a combination of contract negotiation partnership management, project management, community relations, issues management and / or communications roles.
In this residential role you will be based in Newman, Western Australia. The 7,000 strong population of Newman enjoys well-established town facilities including a newly revitalised town centre and sporting facilities. As a gateway to the Karijini national park, you will be in close proximity to spectacular gorges, water courses and stunningly unique landscapes.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture.
Reference Number - 40345618
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- Flexible work arrangements may be available.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and fe males candidates to apply.