|Job Ref:||EMP376203||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Automotive||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||North East England||Address:||Salary:||£35 - £45/hour||Post Date:||07/10/2016 21:27|
Exciting contract opportunities have arisen for experienced Software Engineers to join a leading Automotive Tier 1 specialising in Electronic Controls. Successful candidates will have proven embedded software experience in the Automotive Sector using AUTOSAR.|
AUTOSAR, Automotive, Embedded
Automotive software engineer – contract role.
- Design and development of software for automotive systems
- Interpret customer product specifications to produce software functional specifications
- Software system design and documentation.
- Functional safety analysis, design and validation.
- Coding, testing and debugging
- Knowledge of automotive software and supporting tools, including AUTOSAR, OSEK, diagnostic protocols such as UDS, etc.
- Training, supervision and guidance of engineers in automotive design principles and product application.
- Work to company quality and international standards
Must have experience and skills in ALL of these areas below:-
- Real time Embedded Software Engineering
- Requirements analysis
- UML or other structured design methodologies
- Verification and validation
- C / other real-time embedded programming languages
- AUTOSAR or OSEK
- Automotive diagnostic protocols such as UDS
Desirable experience and skills:-
- Software engineering for electric motor control applications or electric/hybrid vehicle systems
- Functional safety experience to standards such as ISO26262, IEC61508, D0178B or similar.
- Experience with CASE tools (Configuration management, Requirements management, unit test tools)
- Experience with CAN network based control systems
- Debugging (including emulators, On-Chip-Debug (OCD))
- Experience with unit and integration testing of software.
- Visual C# / C++ / other PC programming languages
- Volume Manufactured Products
- Common microcontroller architectures, (ARM Cortex, Texas C2000 DSP, etc).
- Digital Control (digital signal processing).
- Electronics hardware
- Interest in safety critical engineering and improving work practices to meet challenging new safety standards. Safety critical engineering experience is not mandatory but relevant experience or a desire to improve their skills in this area is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and able to deal with all levels of the organisation
- Must able to work alone with minimum guidance, but also be able to operate effectively as part of a team. Must be able to supervise and guide other engineers in use of automotive
software and tools.
- Structured individual with good problem solving skills
- Enthusiastic, flexible and keen approach to learning, etc.
- Flexibility to travel in UK and overseas