|Job Ref:||EMP376213||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£42/hour||Post Date:||07/10/2016 21:27|
BAE Systems require a Product Safety and Environmental Engineer to work on the Combat Systems. The position will be based at the Broad Oak site and is paying £42.35/hr limited. |
System safety management processes and techniques.
Purpose of the Role:
- To exercise delegated responsibility for the safety and environmental management of specified projects.
- To provide both physical and functional safety expertise to specified projects.
- To provide product environmental expertise to specified projects.
- Generate all the required safety & environmental documentation including safety plans, hazard logs, safety assessments, safety cases, environmental impact assessments & reports.
- To contribute to the pool of safety & environmental expertise within Combat Systems Engineering.
- To support the internal safety & environmental management systems.
- Major Tasks and Activities:
- The production of pre-bid product safety & environmental assessments to inform the risks associated with the project
- Production of safety and environmental management plans.
- Development of safety & environmental arguments for complex systems (including software) sometimes from first principles.
- Selection and execution of the most appropriate and recognised hazard identification, analysis and risk classification / reduction techniques.
- Development of Hazard Logs using SMARTer,
- Derivation, management and sell-off of safety requirements.
- Management of legislative compliance issues relation to safety & environmental.
- Generation and maintenance safety case evidence
- Production of Environmental Impact Statements.
- Chair appropriate safety & environmental meetings and act as customer liaison point of contact.
- Perform the role of Safety & Environmental Lead on small projects
Key Technical Skills
- System safety management processes and techniques.
- Understanding of safety & environmental management as a transversal element of naval platform design within a system of systems environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation, standards, processes and tools used in safety & environmental engineering.
- Key Leadership, Interpersonal and People Management Skills
- Ability to lead technical safety and environmental discussions / assessments and reviews.
- Strong commitment, self-motivation and the ability to motivate other people wrt to safety and environmental aspects.
- Ability to constructively challenge.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in the safety & environmental disciplines across Engineering and the wider business.
- Organisational skills (planning, recording and argument development) and discipline (adherence of standards).
- Work independently and manage time effectively.