|Job Ref:||EMP376003||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Highways & Transport||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Solihull||Address:||Post Code:||B91||Salary:||£15 - £25/month||Post Date:||07/10/2016 21:28|
GIS Technician for a minimum 12 weeks contract to provide support and assistance on several high profile jobs, processing and analysing data, and creating a large number of detailed mapped outputs, to a challenging programme. Contract potentially extendable.|
ESRI ArcGIS, FME Desktop
Candidate to have significant working experience in ESRI ArcGIS
Good experience of writing an FME workspace using FME Desktop.
Good understanding of the processes of working with and analysing data, including database skills
Education/Qualifications in GIS
Must have an eye for detail, be methodical and have close attention to accuracy.
Good experience of ArcGIS map production, including digitising, editing and map series creation.
Full knowledge of Data driven pages, Definition Queries, Page Definition Queries, creating and editing Annotation essential
Working knowledge of using data in various systems, ArcGIS, Excel, Access, SQL
Essential Skills and Knowledge
• Full Working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS
• Working knowledge of Map production, data driven pages and page definition queries.
• Working experience of writing and processing FME workspaces
• Higher education in GIS preferable, with additional training courses in ESRI ArcGIS and FME
Desirable skills and knowledge:
• A good understanding of data processing, analysis and visualization
• Database management, analysis, and production
• Experience of creating web map viewers
Reward and Benefits:
• Being part of an exciting and challenging project working alongside a wide spectrum of disciplines, in a range of engineering and environmental subject areas.