|Job Ref:||EMP376105||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Winfrith Newburgh||Address:||Salary:||£35,000 - £40,000/year||Post Date:||07/10/2016 21:28|
Our client are a major naval technology business currently seeking an experienced project controller to join them in their Dorset offices. Candidates should have strong experience of project control, scheduling, risk management and EVM (Earned Value Management)|
Strong experience of project controls, scheduling, risk management and EVM (Earned Value Management)
The core role of a Project Controller is to guide and support Project Managers in the monitoring and controlling of assigned projects in order to deliver to time, cost and quality. This will involve the implementation and maintenance of business information systems and tools to interpret and predict project performance against key drivers including milestone delivery, working capital control and cost, revenue and resource profiling. Key responsibilities include;
- Accountable for the planning, monitoring and controlling of scope, schedule, resource, cost reporting, Change Control, Earned Value Management, and risk analysis (including Schedule Risk Analysis) on assigned projects.
- Schedule all activities associated with assigned Projects to produce an integrated project plan with a critical path, update as required, and report potential problems/problem areas to the Project Manager/Work Package Manager for action.
- Resource load schedules with labour, materials, subcontracts and risk values etc (where applicable) and maintain a Baseline in Microsoft Project. Analyse and report project progress and resource requirements.
- Maintain Microsoft Project plans (in support of the Project Manager) and ensure forecasts are published, working with the project teams, in accordance with the monthly project control lifecycle.
- Support Project Managers in the creation and maintenance of Earned Value Management reporting.
- Generate Variance Analysis Reports on a monthly basis to cover schedule, cost and variance at completion information with corrective actions. Work with the Project Manager and Work Package manager to implement the corrective actions to re-align the work to the baseline.
- Support the work package manager in raising Baseline Change Requests, getting approval and implementing them into the project schedule.
- Ensure Work Package Agreement Documents are prepared, approved and monitored/progressed on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of Project Management Reporting Packs in support of the project and divisional level reviews and attend where necessary.
- Provide forward load (resourcing) and Key Performance Indicator metrics to support divisional and board level reporting.
- Support of continuous business improvement initiatives through implementation of changes to project reporting & costing tools.
- Support the Project Lifecycle Management process as required including design reviews, phase reviews and audits.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
This is an opportunity to join the Project Control Team in a role which requires the application of skills across project management competencies to assist management decision making. Depending on experience, the role will be tailored to offer development opportunity through the team, providing real potential for progression in the project communities. The Project Controller will ideally have;
- A proven track record at managing complex engineering projects which have included design, development, production and support with full Earned Value Management reporting experience (i.e. projects £20m+).
- A strong individual who will ensure that best planning practice is always adhered to.
- A sound understanding of Project Management and reporting tools / principles.
- A sound understanding of Earned Value Management principles with practical application.
- An appreciation of the Commercial and Financial aspects within the project environment.
- Advanced Microsoft office, Excel, and Microsoft Project skills.
- The ability to challenge project managers and contribute to process and reporting improvements.
- Experience of SAP or Microsoft Dynamics AX within a project environment would be advantageous.